GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

I'm not from Michigan but I have enjoyed the visits I've made to the states. I have some coworkers from Michigan. I'm one of the few Southerners I think that really appreciate hockey and so it's always nice to talk to them about hockey. Plus my Mom is from Indiana so it's nice having someone to talk Big Ten basketball with (around here they just talk SEC and about all the SEC has consistently is Kentucky who I do not like)
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Quote Originally Posted by joshmodelskidoo View Post
    Yes. Do i know u?
    Probably not....I just know what is in between Big Rapids and Grand Rapids...as I am from Grand Rapids.

Quote Originally Posted by SupplySgt View Post
    I'm not from Michigan but I have enjoyed the visits I've made to the states. I have some coworkers from Michigan. I'm one of the few Southerners I think that really appreciate hockey and so it's always nice to talk to them about hockey. Plus my Mom is from Indiana so it's nice having someone to talk Big Ten basketball with (around here they just talk SEC and about all the SEC has consistently is Kentucky who I do not like)
    What a great post. I applaud you, Sarge, not many southerners like hockey, or Big Ten basketball! Glad to hear you've had good experiences here...You can't beat a Michigan summer in my opinion!

I'm still an Oklahoma fan for football but I did grow up out there. I was introduced to hockey at a pretty early age as we had a minor league hockey team in Tulsa at the time (I'm guessing they're still there). Also a big baseball fan and while I'm a Braves fan, I have a ton of respect for the Tigers. I've always liked Leyland and I'd like to go to a game up there someday. My dad has been to games at Comerica and he said it's one of the nicer ballparks he's been to. I know summers in northern Indiana were generally pleasant for the most part (at least compared to Oklahoma which is way worse than TN), but I wouldn't want to be up there for winter. Granted, we had blizzards back home but not lake effect or as much bitter cold.

KJ4CLI

I'm still an Oklahoma fan for football but I did grow up out there. I was introduced to hockey at a pretty early age as we had a minor league hockey team in Tulsa at the time (I'm guessing they're still there). Also a big baseball fan and while I'm a Braves fan, I have a ton of respect for the Tigers. I've always liked Leyland and I'd like to go to a game up there someday. My dad has been to games at Comerica and he said it's one of the nicer ballparks he's been to. I know summers in northern Indiana were generally pleasant for the most part (at least compared to Oklahoma which is way worse than TN), but I wouldn't want to be up there for winter. Granted, we had blizzards back home but not lake effect or as much bitter cold.
    Boomer Sooner - I can understand being a fan of a good program! The Tigers are great...and Comerica is absolutely gorgeous. The summers here are unbelievable - very very very nice and warm weather...and with all of the water - it doesn't get much better.

Winters are no fun - that's all I'll say

If it works out, I may go up that way during my vacation in early August (depends partially on what someone else's plans are cause her vacation is during that same time). My stepbrother is studying in Windsor and I'd like to go up there and visit him and I still have family in Northern Indiana. I definitely would not want to be up there during the winter though that's for sure.

KJ4CLI

Quote Originally Posted by SilveradoMan26 View Post
    Holt, Michigan here!
    Lee, I have 1979 GMC Short Box Fleetside Pickup About 75% Restored. I am Looking for some exterior trim parts. I am a Sales Engineer and live in South East Michigan.

Welcome to the club Lee. I am right down the street from you in Lake Orion. I drove thru Ortonville today on my way to Menards

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

New to site: We are between a rock and a hard place called Allegan takes 30 min. of driving to get any were but the fishing hole, did I say that was a bad thing? Driving 2005 4x4 ext. cab love it.

I'm not from Michigan but I have enjoyed the visits I've made to the states.

X2

something special about it for sure. The wife and i always find ourselves sitting down on the shore of lake MI until the sun rises just about every night we are there. And if there is a thunderstorm rolling in over the lake...just amazing.

if tomorrow I was told I had to move to another state, northern MI is where I would be.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast