GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2008 suburban w/39000 miles broken drivetrain???

Posted this in the suburban thread but thought I would post here too. Heard clicking noise and took it to the dealership they said it was the drive train and I was looking at $4,000 to $6,000 in repairs! My power train 5year/100,000 mile warranty is out by 7 months but I only have 39000 miles. Has anyone had Chevy work with them on this warranty with such low mileage? I feel like this should not have happened. Thanks for any info.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Get in touch with a Manager Higher up or GM they should be able to help
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Thank you for your response. My husband is calling the owner of the dealership today since he is a friend and if we get nowhere from there we will contact GM.

Legend

Drive train?? that's all they said?? Many GM V8 engines have clicking/ticks, its pretty common, its just a little valve click usually nothing to be concerned with, should go away with increased oil pressure after startup and oil gets moving. 39,000mi after 6 years of ownership can do it too. either its a ling trip only vehicle or it never sees the highway, so sitting for extended periods of time an d the oil getting out of the top end of the motor can cause issues too if not properly stored correctly. Any updates as to what you have found out from the dealership or GM??
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16