GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Supercharger kits for 5.3l which one is best?

Hi guys im looking at supercharging my 2012 gmc sierra 5.3l and am looking at several kits. The kits im looking at are Whipple, SLP which uses an eatons , Hennacy and Lingenfelter uses magnuson which is made by eaton. Is there one that is better then the others for performance and reliability as my truck is my daily driver, or are they all about the same. My other question is one company better or worse for warranty and customer service then the others. So to all your peeps that have had this done and to any mechanics or Gm employes that have experience with dealing with these companies or installing one of these kits i would like to hear the good and bad for each.

your best bet is to call/email those companies about warranties. i will say that lingenfelter doesn't tend to use lesser components. from my understanding the only difference between magnuson and eaton is how there screws are designed.
    2000 single cab short bed 1500 w/ 6.0 vortec maxx swap from a 2006 2500, custom intake, slotted brakes, shorty headers, 8mm wires, electric fan, strait piped, 4.5 inch lift, asp pulleys, true dual through body exhaust, built trans w/ shift kit, custom tune by efi alchemy...320rwhp

TVS1900 is your best bet. Check out BlackBear Performance website and they can go ahead and get you a custom tune with the blower to make the most of it.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    TVS1900 is your best bet. Check out BlackBear Performance website and they can go ahead and get you a custom tune with the blower to make the most of it.
    thanks ill check them out