GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation Starting issue here

Hi everyone,

i have a 2001 tahoe with the 5.3l v8 engine 4x4, the problem i have here happen 2 time this winter, i try to start my truck with the remote starter, they start, run for half of a second and stop, my engine heater is plug, its not about a big cold outside.

so i try to start it with my key, same problem, they start, run for half of a second and stop, no miss fire, i check all my fuse, everything is ok, then they start and everything is ok, a month later, same thing, a few tap on the top of the dash, key barrel, fuse box and a good punch on the gas tank, and they start.... when i turn the key to ignition i can hear normal opperating sound of the fuel pump....

i remember last summer i heard my fuel pump as been louder than normal, a punch on the tank and up we go......

do you think they can by the antitheif system on my key the can be the problem,.......i want to see if i a commun problem, and where to star.....

it could be the anti-theft system or it could be a fuel pump problem. I would borrow a fuel pressure gauge from an autoparts store and check out the pressure. I believe that it should be at least 55 psi.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

ok, i will check the fuel pressure first, i will give you the update on this...thanks

I agree with pikey check your fuel pressure and if you have issues start with replacing the filter if you have an external filter if not the filter may be built onto the fuel pump assembly, might be that or could be the regulator on the fuel pump