GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats it worth?

Question Whats it worth?

Hey all! New to this forum and wanted to get a few opinions. What do you think is a good price for this truck? Its a 99 K2500 454 112k miles from texas..no rust interior is mint. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	635224516976160641.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	57522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	635224516979592663.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	57523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	635258338806008810.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	57524

Great looking 'Burban! Gas or diesel? Are you buying it or selling it? 112k miles on a '99 is low-mileage, nice!
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Whats it worth is what someones willing to pay for it. If your asking for a trade in value on New or newer your not going to get "what its worth" since a vehicle that is 15 years old is generally undesireable for dealerships to sell. They generally (In my area anyway) send them to auction for the small dealerships to fight over. IMO I think you should easily get 6-8k for it selling it outright. Nice ride.. I bet it loves to guzzle the fuel with that big engine in there.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Yeah I actually just bought it. Its hard too find anything nice in Ohio so, I picked it up in Texas. After owning a 01 Yukon 2500 with the 8.1 I just had to have another big block. You dam sure don't see any 2500 big blocks in Ohio and if you do they are rotted to the ground. lol. Thanks for the compliments. just wanted to see what others opinions might be.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Now a days the 1/2 SUVs are bringing better $$ -especially with that BIG BLOCK
    When gas was $4 -2008-they would have had trouble getting $2000 for it despite the nice condition
    Now -in the no rust south-that might go for $5000-$6000 or more
    In the rust belt-where there are close to ZERO rust free older suburbans-
    that might be worth $6000-$7500
    If it was in average condition in louisiana-no lift-but those low miles-it would be $4500-$5000
    but the condition is soooo nice-makes it worth a couple $$ thousand more
    Its condition adds a good $2000 over the usual older suburban-and no rust in the mid west-pretty rare-same story NE- everything is s POS rust bucket in 10 years.

Very nice truck-lifted with big somewhat lugged tires-10mpg at 70 mph-but you know that
    no one buys a 454 and expects very much over single digit mpg
    Nice very nice
    Last edited by phoebeisis; 02-03-2014 at 05:55 PM.
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Looking at the third pic, do the front wheels stick out further than the rears or is it just an illusion?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Now a days the 1/2 SUVs are bringing better $$ -especially with that BIG BLOCK
    When gas was $4 -2008-they would have had trouble getting $2000 for it despite the nice condition
    Now -in the no rust south-that might go for $5000-$6000 or more
    In the rust belt-where there are close to ZERO rust free older suburbans-
    that might be worth $6000-$7500
    If it was in average condition in louisiana-no lift-but those low miles-it would be $4500-$5000
    but the condition is soooo nice-makes it worth a couple $$ thousand more
    Its condition adds a good $2000 over the usual older suburban-and no rust in the mid west-pretty rare-same story NE- everything is s POS rust bucket in 10 years.

Very nice truck-lifted with big somewhat lugged tires-10mpg at 70 mph-but you know that
    Nice very nice

Sounds about right... here in the **** state of ohio you cant find a 3/4 ton anything that's not totally rotted or a nice one but 300k miles. People ask crazy money for junk here in ohio that's why I went out of state. I'll have this undercoated , run the clock up to 200k and still sell it for what I paid. just for the wow factor alone. lol. just wanted to make sure I didn't pay to much. but I also paid what I thought it was worth. thanks for the compliments as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Looking at the third pic, do the front wheels stick out further than the rears or is it just an illusion?
    illusion.. it does look kinda funny now that you mentioned it

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    Sounds about right... here in the **** state of ohio you cant find a 3/4 ton anything that's not totally rotted or a nice one but 300k miles. People ask crazy money for junk here in ohio that's why I went out of state. I'll have this undercoated , run the clock up to 200k and still sell it for what I paid. just for the wow factor alone. lol. just wanted to make sure I didn't pay to much. but I also paid what I thought it was worth. thanks for the compliments as well

- - - Updated - - -

illusion.. it does look kinda funny now that you mentioned it
    Yeah-rustbucket POS trucks state in the midwest-something nice like that-low miles-4x4 3/4 ton full on tow vehicle-folks might ask $8000 where you are
    All the other suburbans of that vintage would be horrible POS rustbuckets

I learned LONG ago-buying and selling motorcycles-ALWAYS buy absolutely the best one you can afford-Probably bought 20 "Runs great needs a little work" $1000 motorcycles-
    Yeah I was a SLOW LEARNER!!
    And trucks -"runs good-great work truck"-means "POS that MIGHT start"

You definitely bought the right truck-great body great cosmetics if you need to tow well it will do that.
    And as you say-it has done all its depreciating-it will always be a great work tow vehicle-so it will always be worth $$ to someone
    I'm jealous-always wanted a 454-but I'm a mpg nut-so.... I'll stick with my 5.7.
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

It all comes down to this:

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Whats it worth is what someones willing to pay for it.
    So true...
    Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Nice very nice
    May we ask what you paid for it?

IMHO, you could sell that monstrisity of grille-guard-push-bar thing on the front and that ugly-arse hood and make $1000 back...

-cmc-
    Some stuff with wheels and motors...

Legend

Yeah-that HUGE BULL BAR-push bar-brush guard
    Not to my taste either-
    but cmco is right-put it on craigs list-might get $250-probably cost $500 or so new
    Not sure what the hood is worth-I'm old-so I would prefer OEM
    safe bet those wheels-tires-set him back maybe $1500 or so-
    but they look OK-
    The body is soooo nice-and I am soooo old-I would go OEM-but I'm old and boring
    bet that lift cost real $$ also-probably some nice shocks under it
    Yeah the PO-spent some $$
    Do LOVE that motor-despite being a cheapskate MPG nut-I would LOVE to have a 454 truck
    wouldn't like to pay to fill it of course!!
    But you could decontent it-go OEM- probably make a $$ or two-since OEM parts so readily available-and cheap
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast