GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did your original mirror have the directional in it as well. Is there a mirror like that available for the '06 1500. I don't currently have the directional in the glass but read it might already be wired for it. That setup looks good.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

My original mirrors DID have turn signals built-in already...just plug and play for me...when i put them on my 03 1500 i DIDNT have turn signals built-in so i ordered the tows WITHOUT them...when i was installing them, i checked for the turn signal wire i did NOT have that option...the ones i just got are factory take-offs...when i got them for my 03 i got them off www.1aauto.com...they worked and looked good also...here is a example for YOUR truck...

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/Che...19/602685/2006

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

3. Likes 1ATony liked this post

Thanks for the link. I was looking at eBay as well. I will have to investigate whether or not mine are wired in the door.

Yup do some checking before you order...save the headache that way...if your truck doesnt have the wire, you could possibly wire it in also i believe if i remember right

glad you love the tow mirrors, I know I love mine. They work great towing my cargo trailer, and they will be super useful the next couple days, heading back to Minnesota and Im towing my trailer 1300 miles.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Yup I love them!...for 80 bucks for factory take-offs, can beat that price!...I have another pic Ill post here in a sec

- - - Updated - - -

Not the greatest pic but you get the general idea of what the truck looks like with them on!...getting new tires in a couple weeks also!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1607102_10152228082694311_1855993738_n.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	57624

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    Yup do some checking before you order...save the headache that way...if your truck doesnt have the wire, you could possibly wire it in also i believe if i remember right
    I took the door panel off to see if there was a way to connect them. On the bottom of the window/lock control is a spot labeled blue, black ,and green. The blue is where the existing mirror wire connects and from what I have seen for aftermarket mirrors with directionals in the glass, they have a black and a blue plug. So I think I am good. The cheapest one with the arrow in the glass are $300 for a pair. The OE style with arrow for one was over $200. Maybe that info will help someone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12