GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation Anyone ever do a 4'' body lift in a 2000 chevy silverado?

I have 2'' of body lift in my 2000 Chevy Silverado. I want to buy more 2'' lift blocks and longer bolts and make it 4''. Can anyone tell me if I can get by with just a steering extension and a gas filler neck. Iv done tons of 3'' body lifts and haven't extended anything except raise the bumpers up. I also know they don't make a 4'' body lift because of safety reasons so no need to tell me that lol. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what problems they came across while doing it.

If you already know it's unsafe why are you still wanting to do it? Why not save a while and buy a suspension lift and do it right the first time. Zone suspension has a 2 inch lift for 150 bucks. It uses new torsion keys and rear blocks.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

No one has done it for a reason..... Also DNW that much frame showing.

________2013 4C Rated__________

first, as everyone said above, it is not done for a reason. Second, I have installed many 3" body lifts on many different makes and models of vehicles. Everyone I have done has at LEAST come with a steering shaft extension. Also, with many 3" kits you have to modify the fan shroud. Attempting to do a 4" I think you would run into issues with some wire lengths, brake line lengths (because the master cylinder is mounted to the body and most of the lines mount to the frame), if it has a floor shifter for 4x4 you will have to weld an extension on to the shaft for the lever because the stock one is going to be really short.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)