GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If the engine seems tight, no blue exhaust and no use of oil it probably is a good engine. It was just my experience. After you replace the cat I'm sure there is a shop that can do an exhaust analysis before you go the the death thrones for the state inspection. Florida used to have exhaust check for about eight years in the 90's. It was terminated because the air pollution readings and study's around the state proved that it didn't change. But it was all about money, for the $10 fee the state got $1 and the testing company got $9, however, I know one person (my manager) traded in his clunker because it failed and it was better to replace the car than fix it.

Did replacing the cats fix the problem?
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    Did replacing the cats fix the problem?
    I'm doing it in May after school gets out because of the snow we keep getting and I hate playing with metal in the cold.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12