GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Seals

Default Seals

Has anyone here been successful in rebuilding the p/s pump on a 1999 Chevy Suburban using the rebuild seal kit that is available?

Quote Originally Posted by dfhollums View Post
    Has anyone here been successful in rebuilding the p/s pump on a 1999 Chevy Suburban using the rebuild seal kit that is available?
    I did not know that they even had a kit. I could not find one for my 2005. Most people don't bother rebuilding things anymore, they just buy new or remans. I would guess that you would have to tear it apart and look for wear on things like the shaft where it rides on the oring or a wiper of some sort. If there is no major wear than I see no reason that it would not work. if the pump in noisy now, you might not want to even bother. the noise could indicate wear on other parts inside the pump.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend
    Blog Entries

I bought a rebuild kit from rock auto last year for my 04 Colorado rack and pinion, all I can say is holy moly extra parts batman!!! We ended up just buying a new rack.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I am going to go a head and change out the whole P/S pump.