GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Xm only feature

Default Xm only feature

I just purchased a 2012 silverado LT. it has the CAT button, however when you push it it says "XM ONLY FEATURE". when you search the BAND button, it only has AM\FM. there is a seperate AUX button. does anyoen knwo if i have XM? or am i missing some hardware or something? any advice would be appreciated.

also if i am missing some hardware, what would it cost to have it installed?

do you have an xm account, they charge a fee. you can work them and get a lower cost than what they quote you, https://www.siriusxm.com/ourmostpopularpackages-xm
    (optional recievers/adaptors are in the 50 to 75 dollar range and up depending on needs.)
    Do a little old fashion internet research, crutchfield is a good place to poke around and pick up some solid information as well as the XM web sites. If its on your radio it should say ni signal, at the xm web site it will tell you where to tune your radio to see if its capatable or if yo have an account previous or current.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

I don't know how the radio the op posted works, but I have the radio with the nav screen. I do not have a XM subscription. However, when ever I push the XM selection, I get the standard XM commercial, the one that talks about all of the different channels.

AFAIK, the '12 would have been sold (1st purchaser) with a free XM trail period; therefore, it must have XM capability.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by summitwhite11 View Post
    do you have an xm account, they charge a fee. you can work them and get a lower cost than what they quote you, https://www.siriusxm.com/ourmostpopularpackages-xm
    (optional recievers/adaptors are in the 50 to 75 dollar range and up depending on needs.)
    Do a little old fashion internet research, crutchfield is a good place to poke around and pick up some solid information as well as the XM web sites. If its on your radio it should say ni signal, at the xm web site it will tell you where to tune your radio to see if its capatable or if yo have an account previous or current.

Thanks for the input, doesn't really answer my question. I've been researching all day and can't get a straight answer. There are no xm channels or anything, I don't have an account. Just wondering what the XM only feature means, bc I currently do not have XM but it seems like I should.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrazz View Post
    I currently do not have XM but it seems like I should.
    Do you have the owner's manual? It should answer all of your questions.

bbrazz,

Hello! I understand that you have a question if your vehicle is equipped with XM radio. I would be happy to research this for you. Could you private message me your VIN? Also, if you have any questions about XM radio you may visit www.xmradio.com or call 1-800-929-2100.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Welcome to the Club from VA!
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    bbrazz,

Hello! I understand that you have a question if your vehicle is equipped with XM radio. I would be happy to research this for you. Could you private message me your VIN? Also, if you have any questions about XM radio you may visit www.xmradio.com or call 1-800-929-2100.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
    dont hav ethe VIN on me, but I talked to XM already and my vehicle did not register. they said the dealer woudl have to do a 'hard reset'. well the dealre siad that I 'dont have xm it was deleted' and am waiting to hear back from the salesman as to how they will rectify this b\c I was led to believe it had XM.

is there a reprogramming that could takeplace? b\c the service guy basically said I need a whole new radio andi dont belive that is accurate.

I believe XM radio is RPO code U2K. Check the label on the inside of the glove box door for U2K.

If you do not have it, there is a kit available to add it.

bbrazz,

I am not a licensed certified technician and cannot give any technical advice. However, I would like to create a case for you and work with your dealership to resolve this concern. Please private message me your full name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership if I can further assist you.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by