GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Question A little Chevy truck history help ?

Did Chevrolet offer a "Campers Special " option in 1990 ? I have inside my glove box a label stating 'TRUCK CAMPER LOADING INFORMATION' and I have a sales brochure from 1990 and nowhere does it say a work about a Camper Special in it. But I know and have seen GM Chevy "Camper Special" emblems and other ornament from the trucks built in the seventies and eighties ? Just wondering if anyone knew a history about this ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SANY0341.jpg  

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I would say better spring rate in the back and shocks? By the way I was in Westchester Pa this morning Do you have power? Lots of ice and trees down
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0408.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	57588Oh hell yeah, I live about 2 miles from a PECO power plant, Well I'm not really sure it's still a power plant anymore, usually a 100 car coal train would come though here on Monday morning, But I ain't heard one in a year or more, so. . But we have power down here on the Delaware River. West Chester about 25 miles up PA route 3. We got a s*&^LO0465 of rain then it started to freeze then an hour later the temp managed to inch it's way up to 34 degrees and we had a lot of frozen ice on the wires but it changed to rain and is all gone. Got the truck cleared off and drain all the water in it's bed by backing out of my driveway and just let the back two tires hit the street, water pours out.Navigator- Black

Stainless Steel
    TriLenium® Polarized Lensne. but it's 8PM and the temps are at 29 degrees

I searched but couldnt find any "Camper Special" info from GM after the early eighties.
    There was info about camper loading but it didnt make any references the trucks had any "Camper Special" package.
    I know this package was widely available on 1500, 2500, and 3500 4x4 and dually trucks through the seventies. But as Campers died in popularity to trailers the packages disappeared.

Yeah, I bought two of the 1990 Chevrolet sales brochure's at the auction site, and the second version has every topic but not a word of any kind about a camper insert, but it does go to length about your towing capacity. So I can only assume they were pushing away the top heavy slide-in camper. Oh well, they did give the trailer / camper weight info label in the glove box.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1990 chevy sales broshure.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	57589

There wasn't a model or option called "Camper Special" but you could spec out heavier springs for hauling campers.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

7. Thanks JTWard thanked for this post
    Likes JTWard liked this post