GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow AVOID 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers

I just saw this in another forum...... i will paste it up......some info:

The following companies below are owned/operated by Bear Stearns Merchant Banking,
    BStMB repays $38.5 million to settle fraud charges
    who owns just some of the following companies below:

Transamerican Auto Parts,
    paid BSA $75,000 for unlicensed Microsoft and Symantec software

4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers
    False & Misleading Statements

Explorer Pro Comp Suspension (made in India),
    Pro Competition Tire Company, (made by Cooper Tire Co.)
    Two Recalls in one Year

Off-Road Adventures .
    Four Wheel Drive Hardware,
    Performance Products 4trucks.com
    BBB Rating (F)
    Genuine Gear (made in china)
    Smittybilt Products
    10 others

CURRENT Unsatisfactory BBB Reports of which this company has FAILED TO RESPOND,
    giving very bad experiences below. All companies have complaints, but failing to respond may add insult to injury, salt in the wound

Albuquerque, NM

Jacksonville, FL

Bakersfield, CA

Chula Vista, CA

Tampa, FL

Portland, OR

Memphis, TN

TOPIC SEARCHED: 4 Wheel Parts Complaint

Post Your Good, Bad, and Ugly

(NHTSA) Office of Defects Investigation

SEARCH:: Department of Consumer Affairs (YOUR STATE)
    (BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair Consumer Affairs

(FTC) Federal Trade Commission

(IFCC) Internet Fraud Complaint Center

(Attorney General) Public Inquiry Unit

(EPA) (Spilling Oil & Antifreeze)

(BBB) Better Business Bureau
    Last edited by Jungle; 09-05-2008 at 02:46 PM.

this just posted in another jeep forum

All my experience only applies to 4WP in Miami gardens...

The sales guys... Mike, Jason, and manager Zeus.. all great guys. I wouldn't hesitate to BUY parts from them.

The shop... maybe nice guys, but idiots wrapped in a moron would be putting it lightly in my case. They would probably do better if they had a well seasoned and experienced shop forman to work under and who could check out their work before it leaves.... that act alone would be a full time job with what they let leave there.

The Reader's Digest version is I have a 2008 Unlimited Rubicon.. I bought and had installed at 4WP in Miami

The major stuff
    - Pro Comp Long Arm Lift and all that goes with that which is a list in its self
    - J.E. Reel 1350HD shafts front and rear
    - 37" Mud Grapplers Plus Rims and spacers
    - 5.13 Gears
    -Fox Steering Stabilizer

The parts above alone cost over 10k

Plus so many other "little" things I can't even begin to list... the receipts I can actually find surpass 15k.

What was done wrong...

-They "Lost" 2 of my factory Rubi Shocks and tried to pass off 2 "X" shocks as the ones they took off. Rubi shocks are red, X shocks are white.

-My rear track bar was put on backwards

-When lift was installed I asked to have my breathers extended.. the rear was put actually lower than the stock height and the front wasn't touched.

-One of my Fox Shocks FELL off

-Tires rubbed on control arms... that's when it was discovered I need spacers.

-Rear Spring was hitting the track bar.. I brought it to them to FIX... see below

-Developed a horrible noise the day I got it back from having 5.13's installed. After 3 days of "diagnosing" was told it was my transfer case. I had 3k on the odometer. This sparked the end of the relationship with me and 4WP. I even prepared my lawyer for a suite because after all my mods Jeep would laugh at me for trying to warranty a T-Case. It was also when I brought it to them for the gears that we noticed my rig was drooping rather severely on the right rear corner.

- Because of the "transfer case noise" it ruined plans, and had me all stressed out. I called Tranny Doc about it and was going to have it TOWED to his shop from Miami. Before going through all that I hooked up with ROCO4X4 as they are a few miles from my home. Turns out the right rear control arm was loose... REAL LOOSE and was basically causing a suspension noise that was telescoping through the rig and out of the T-case. ROCO took less than a day to figure it out.

- I had 4WP warranty me out a set of rear springs as it was thought I had a sagging spring on the right rear. When new springs were installed it still sagged. After further investigation it turns out that SOMEONE had shortened the right rear control arm pulling the right side of the axle forward to get the spring to not hit the track bar . The track bar was also cranked way down and the front left spring was not seated in the perch but riding on it. Basically my rig's suspension was being pulled and stressed so badly that it was collapsing the right rear spring. To fix all this they pretty much just reinstalled my lift correctly relieving the suspension of the stress and now my rig sits perfectly level and rides awesome... the rear wheels are actually behind the fronts!

At the end of the day and to their credit 4Wheel Parts refunded a little over $600.00 to me. Small change for well into 5 digits I've spent there and the aggravation of it all. Not only that, I've spent what they returned to me in towing and what I had to pay ROCO4X4 to straighten the mess out.

I am now so worried about how they may have installed my 5.13's I am actually awaiting the "BANG!" going down the highway.

Until they get a journeymen mechanic in there who knows WTF he is doing, I wouldn't let them put air in my tires.

WOW how stupid can people get? I hate it when people say "oh yeah, i can do that" and have no clue what they're doing. That's why I prefer to do stuff myself, so i KNOW it's been done right. If i dont know how something goes or what not, i do alot of research and ask a bunch of questions.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

GOES ON AND ON.........OVER A DOZEN

MANY COOPER--PRO COMP TIRES NOW MADE IN CHINA

Last edited by Jungle; 10-03-2008 at 12:07 AM.

I live in Marion, Arkansas - right over the bridge from the 4 wheel performance center. I'm not sure how they're online service is but I know face to face they are good. I recently bought a programmer from them (they programmed it for free) and they have helped me with anything else I needed. I don't have anything besides good things to say about 4 wheel performance.

Cody - AR
    2003 GMC Sierra 2wd
    275/70/16 Toyo Proxes S/T
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Bomz Intake
    Kicker ZX750 amp powering 2 CVR 12" subs

Legend
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

I just want to thank you guys for posting this thread, It has been very helpful to me. That story about the jeep is very scary, I agree that some people should just not touch that kind of stuff! Thanks again...........AMY
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Jr. Mechanic

I actually can't complain about my experiences with fourwheel parts so far. they installed an AGR steering box in my 1995 tahoe a few years ago, and I haven't had any problems with it... yet...
    Hammer's gonna be the death of me, lord, lord.
    Oh hammer's gonna be the death of me.

I've never been able to do business with 4wp before. Every time i call their stores here in Houston, I get put on hold for eternity. I believe the one time I got through i asked about a Banks Power Muffler, and was told non fit my truck ( not true ).

So i've just decided to deal with people that want my business.

2009 Silverado 1500
    5.3L / 3.73 G80 / 4spd / 4x4 / LWB/ Ext Cab / HD Tow-Haul
    2.25in ReadyLift Level Kit / 3in blocks/ 3500lb HellWig / 265x65x17 Wrangler AT
    K&N Filter / AirRaid MIT / MagnaFlow 2.25" Dual Exhaust / HyperTech MaxEnergy

Most of them are independent dealers. There hit and miss, but mostly miss. If you goggle 4wheelparts and scroll down you can read all the complaints and fraud charges.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast