GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Dash in my 2003 chevy silvarado quit working

I just bought a 2003 chev 1500 silvarado for my first vehical. A few months later the dash stoped working nothing works at all only the tachometer. i have went through 2 differnt clusters since i bought it and tryed to repair one, they will work for a few weeks and then the quit working to. if any body has any ideas on what i can do to fix it I would appreciate it cuz im all out of ideas and dont want to keep spending money if it will only work for a month or two.

Thanks
    -Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    I just bought a 2003 chev 1500 silvarado for my first vehical. A few months later the dash stoped working nothing works at all only the tachometer. i have went through 2 differnt clusters since i bought it and tryed to repair one, they will work for a few weeks and then the quit working to. if any body has any ideas on what i can do to fix it I would appreciate it cuz im all out of ideas and dont want to keep spending money if it will only work for a month or two.

Thanks
    -Jonah
    Along with none of your Gauges working except for the Tach??....do any of the Warning Lights... Brake, Air Bag, Seat Belt and Check Engine Light do they come on??......on the 1-Dash Cluster you've bought and repaired, what repair did you do to it??

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Along with none of your Gauges working except for the Tach??....do any of the Warning Lights... Brake, Air Bag, Seat Belt and Check Engine Light do they come on??......on the 1-Dash Cluster you've bought and repaired, what repair did you do to it??
    all my warning lights come on. the only repair i did was a kit that i bought me and my dad did some work and changed the motors on the gagues

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    all my warning lights come on. the only repair i did was a kit that i bought me and my dad did some work and changed the motors on the gagues
    Jonah, with New Stepper Motor's Installed for the Gauges, but your still having Problem's with the Dash Cluster, at this point, I think you need to contact a Shop that does the Repairing and the Fixing of these Dash Cluster's, and have them take a look at yours.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Jonah, with New Stepper Motor's Installed for the Gauges, but your still having Problem's with the Dash Cluster, at this point, I think you need to contact a Shop that does the Repairing and the Fixing of these Dash Cluster's, and have them take a look at yours.
    I agree! There are places that you can ship it to that does a complete rebuild (new motors, power supply, bulbs) and testing for $125 plus shipping. that includes a lifetime warranty
    Last edited by Pikey; 02-11-2014 at 12:21 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)