GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 Last Post byLast Post by

I just ordered the rough country 3" for my 2004 2wd silverado, I've had experience with a fabtech 4" on my old 1994 GMC 2wd, and it was great. I would have gone with Fabtech again if it were not for the money issue. Me and a friend of mine put a small 2in rough country lift on his 2wd dodge ram a few years ago, the olny problem we encountered was that they sent the wrong nuts for the rear u-bolts so we had to go and find them, but he is still satisfied with it, and I know for a fact that he has ridden that truck pertty dang hard since then.

As for the install time, it shouldnt take you more than 4 or 5 hours if you have any mechanical experence at all at least on the newer chevys you dont have to get into the wheel bearings. I had to on my old GMC that was not fun.

2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 2wd
    -Edelbrock Shorty Headers
    -Taylor 10.5 mm Racing Plug Wires
    -Diablo Sport Predator Programmer
    -S&B Cold Air Intake
    -3" Dump Exhaust
    -Pioneer Deck, Fosgate Amp and Sub
    -3" Lift Rough Country
    -Black MB Gunner 6 Wheels
    -Black Hockey Stick Style Graphics
    -Billet Grill
    -Spray in Bed Liner

Has he or anyone else that may read this had any bad experience after riding on the kit for a while?
    I know that I am not going to be doing offroading in my truck other than to pull into the back yard to have the beer and more seats out there and to park at the stadium for tailgate parties, I will however be using this to do some highway driving from time to time that may be from 300-500 miles.
    Any input?
    Josh
    07 NBS Crew Cab
    PACKERS FAN
    GO PACK GO!!!

where ever the pipeline takes me in canada
    Blog Entries

Me myself been a fan off bds becouse if anything that breaks on the lift thay replace the parts for free

my tires rub and i have a 17x9 wheel... (285/70) the reason why they rub is because of the rim width or so i was told and improper backspacing which i dont know what it is
    anyways i have the leveling kit from rough country, do you guys think if i remove this and install the 3'' lift it will help eliminate the rubbing?
    2008 NBS Silverado Z85

4.8 V8
    -8000k HIDS
    -AVS Bugflector II
    -20% tint all around
    -17x9 Moto Metal 951
    -Rough Country 2'' Leveling Kit
    -Putco Window Visors
    -Blacked out headlights (courtesy of JAKD-UP)
    -285/70/17 BF Goodrich All Terrains (minimal rubbing still) :grrrrrr:
    -Blacked out grille and both bumpers
    -Smoked taillights
    -Blue interior dome lights

"A work in progress is something every man should have"

I put the 2" leveling kit on my 07 NBS and my 285/65/18 didnt rub but the rear of the truck set low, then I installed a 1" lit in the back. It looks a lot better but now my tires rub a little when I cut it double. I think a 3" be be perfect..

Quote Originally Posted by jerrynino View Post
    my tires rub and i have a 17x9 wheel... (285/70) the reason why they rub is because of the rim width or so i was told and improper backspacing which i dont know what it is
    anyways i have the leveling kit from rough country, do you guys think if i remove this and install the 3'' lift it will help eliminate the rubbing?
    is this the kit you have? and where does it rub?

and yes the 3" kit comes with a 3" coil spacer for the top of the strut and a 1.5 block for the rear. this will level the truck anyway so just take out the front leveling it you have now and install this new one. i bet that will solve your rubbing problems. it will also give your truck a much nicer stance with the lift
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

well it actually rubbed in the front and back but i cut off a piece of the inner plastic and that solved the majority of the problem, on certain slopes it still rubs a bit though and i wanna get rid of it completely... i think ill go with this lift as soon as i pay off the tires which should be in the summer

sounds good man, luckily its pretty cheap anyway!! keep us posted

oooh just realized I hit 2000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pete95Sierra View Post
    sounds good man, luckily its pretty cheap anyway!! keep us posted

oooh just realized I hit 2000 posts
    congrats on your 2k posts!

i have 285/70r17 maxxis buckshots on stock wheels and have never had it rub. and i have the fabtec 2" leveling kit. it is all about the backspacing and offset of the wheels. but i like the look of the 3". i kind of want it now
    07 new body silverado, 4.8L, 4x4, ex cab, Pioneer flip out dvd screen, what muffler?, 2" fabtech leveling kit
    Maxxis Buckshot Mudders 285/70