GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

That's a shame. Was the hole you made 0.75" X 2.5" or a little bigger than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    That's a shame. Was the hole you made 0.75" X 2.5" or a little bigger than that?
    Mine was actually 0.75" wide, which looks to be about 1/4" too wide. And, the length is 2.625", which again looks to be about 1/8" too long. I'll post more detail later this week once my new plate gets here.
    2009 GMS Sierra Texas Edition with all of my emergency equipment installed now.

We need to get this thread back on track, the discussion of modification should be cut from here and moved to it's own thread.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

That sounds just fine, Steve. You can feel free to do that as an additional reference regarding DICs.

I thought this was the "How To" section on Driver Information Center panels and switch installation. Sell 'em the panel or sell 'em the switch for their own mod; you still make money.
    The Cheap-*ss Modder & Thread Killer
    The Realist says, "The glass is too big".

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z60 4WD Crew Cab
    Mineral Green Metallic w/ Tan Leather Interior
    5.3 L FLEX w/AFM, 6A, Cheap-*ss Mods
    32 Dump Club Member
    Range V8 AFM Eliminator

When I cut mine, I cut the width right at 3/4". I measured the opening on the new plate and found it to be 11/16". And, while that is just a 1/16" smaller, it is pretty noticeable when the switch is assembled in the plate. Also, my opening that I made, length wise was 2-5/8". The actual opening should be 2-1/2".

I wrote a guide, but it won't let me upload it here to the forum because the file size is too big.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

When I cut mine, I cut the width right at 3/4". I measured the opening on the new plate and found it to be 11/16". And, while that is just a 1/16" smaller, it is pretty noticeable when the switch is assembled in the plate. Also, my opening that I made, length wise was 2-5/8". The actual opening should be 2-1/2".

I wrote a guide, but it won't let me upload it here to the forum because the file size is too big.
    2009 GMS Sierra Texas Edition with all of my emergency equipment installed now.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic1638 View Post
    Ok. I got ya now. Sorry my measurements were wrong the first time. I'm glad we've got it straight now for any users who may want to do it themselves in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueLB756
    I thought this was the "How To" section on Driver Information Center
    Me too, Big Blue. I'm not quite sure how we could be more "on track" but oh well.

Sr. Apprentice

CAn you do this with a 2006 silverado.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456