GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by nbjohnson View Post
    jdchet, Thanks for the info. I just ordered it and can't wait for it to arrive.

That's great. Let us know how easy it was to gain the additional Driver Information Center features with just that panel.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Got the D.I.C. yesterday and put it on today. Very simple and had it installed in less than 10 minutes!! Works great.

What is cool....their is an instant fuel economy that shows the cylinder mode at the same time. It is neat to see the V8, V6 and V4 modes and then see the fuel economy too.

What really pisses me off is there is actually a socket molded on the back of the original panel for the D.I.C. connector to rest in with no buttons. It is actully plugged into it awaiting simply enough for the buttons. You would think that for all the effort to add the wiring harness the buttons would just be standard equipment. Sad...so sad GM is that greedy.
    Nick - Ohio
    2008 Chevy Trailblazer LT (Loaded w/leather)
    2008 Chevy Silverado LT (Crew Cab w/ cloth) 1LT option only

Default Driver Information Center for 2008 trailblazer

Do any of you know if a Driver Information Center is available for 2008 Trailblazer? I purchased the vehicle without one, and am having trouble locating one.
    Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whitakersw View Post
    Do any of you know if a Driver Information Center is available for 2008 Trailblazer? I purchased the vehicle without one, and am having trouble locating one.
    Thanks for your help.
    It is available, not sure if it's plug-and-play though like on the silverado. it might be. Try calling down to the dealership and see.
    John ~ New Mexico ~ It's all about the bowtie!
    2007 GMC Envoy & 2010 GMC Sierra

Default '08 Dic

My 2008 SIlverado LT Z71 didn't come with the driver info center either. The parts guy at my dealer didn't know what I was talking about when I told him I wanted to order it. he couldn't believe that my $32k truck didn't come with it.

All-in-all it cost me $150 installed and I love it!! It keeps me reminded of the terrible gas mileage I get!
    Current truck-
    2008 Silverado LT1 XCAB LONG BED Z71 4x4
    Previous-
    2002 Silverado LS XCAB LONG BED Z71 4x4
    1998 Sierra XCAB LONG BED 4x4
    1998 Silverado REG CAB 4x4

Just did this to my truck last week. Took less than 20 minutes to complete. Tons more info available than before. Thanks for the tip.

This is why I love running this site! Members helping Members!

What other information does it give other than gas mileage?

Quote Originally Posted by pops572 View Post
    What other information does it give other than gas mileage?
    Driver Information Center (DIC)

The standard DIC features an array of alerts and a large display window that shows two rows of characters. Push-button controls are located next to the gauge cluster(1) for quick access to trip computer functions:
    • Trip/Fuel: Displays the odometer, trip odometer, fuel range, average economy, fuel used, timer, transmission temperature and Active Fuel Management™ indicator (if equipped).
    • Vehicle Information: Displays powertrain, security and chassis messages such as oil life, engine hours, engine hot or overheated, Tire Pressure Monitor,(2) door or hood open, washer fluid and StabiliTrak on/off.(3)
    • Customization: Customize vehicle features to your preference, including language, remote door lock and unlock, exit and approach lighting, loudness of vehicle chimes, seat memory recall and remote start enable.
    • Set/Reset: Set or reset certain vehicle functions as well as acknowledge DIC messages.
    1 Driver Information Center controls are operated through the trip button unless steering wheel-mounted audio controls are ordered.
    2 1500 and HD Single-Rear Wheel models only.
    3 1500 models only.

JD i just got my 08 ext cab truck, I have the DCI , no panel like you bought,On the dash over the oil gage indicator is a small push tab that when pushed i get odom reading, trans temperture,and trip odom reading thats all. My question JD is when you got the panel buttons , what were you able to get readings on? was you able to get anything more then what i got.I assumed you could get mileage per gal as well as other info.In my particular DCI did i get a min or with additional panel button your able to get more info from your new wiring hook up
    jerry

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by