GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by jerr7 View Post
    JD i just got my 08 ext cab truck, I have the DCI , no panel like you bought,On the dash over the oil gage indicator is a small push tab that when pushed i get odom reading, trans temperture,and trip odom reading thats all. My question JD is when you got the panel buttons , what were you able to get readings on? was you able to get anything more then what i got.I assumed you could get mileage per gal as well as other info.In my particular DCI did i get a min or with additional panel button your able to get more info from your new wiring hook up
    jerry
    The DIC buttons will give you all sorts of functions to chose from! Best explanation will come from your owners manual. Tire pressure,oil life,trans temp,trip timer,fuel mileage,relearn key fobs........etc. Easy to install and you won't be sorry!

JD
    JD

[B][I][SIZE="2"]2007 Silverado LT 4wd ext cab 6.6' box,4.8l V8.
    2007 Equinox AWD SUV

JD,
    I have a wealth of switches and ability, is this switch panel just switces or does it have electronics with it? Have you seen diagrams / schematics for this option anywhere?

I just put on the panel with the buttons. Love it. Took about 10 minutes with no tools. When installing the new panel make sure you get the bottum seated behind the lower panel. For $100.00 it should be on every truck as the wires are already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhenretty View Post
    JD,
    I have a wealth of switches and ability, is this switch panel just switces or does it have electronics with it? Have you seen diagrams / schematics for this option anywhere?
    All the electronics are built into the truck, this give you a way to access all the data availible through the DIC. It is just 4 momentary switches. The plug is attached to the back of the panel (without buttons)

does anyone know if a 04 Silverado has a DIC option other than the steering wheel buttons and if something like this can be done for an 04?? It would be great if it works for older models as well!
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS
    -55,000 miles
    -K&N FIPK
    2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
    -24,000 miles
    -K&N FIPK
    2006 Suzuki GSXR600
    -Two Bros V.A.L.E. exhaust
    -Battlax BT-016 Dual Compound Tires

Cool DIC plugins

Hey there,

I just purchased my 08 Silverado LT (w/ 5.3L AFM + FLEX) a few days ago and was let down to find that there were no controls for the AFM. Have read through the posts and the only question I have is, where behind the left driver-side panel are the plugins for the DIC located? I pulled off the panel and wasnt able to find them there. Is it possible they could be wiretied further below?

Also, I've heard there are only 2 plugs that connect into the DIC, is this correct?

Definitely a component I plan on purchasing.

Hello, I just made this modification on my '08 Silverado and it is very easy to do. The DIC plug (unused in a non-DIC vehicle) is actually attached to the back side of the original panel. It branches off from the headlight switch harness, and is plugged in to a 'dead' plug. You unplug it from the dead plug and plug it in to the new switch that comes with the replacement DIC panel.
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTR 4x4 6.0 totally stock
    2008 Suzuki XL7
    1987 Suzuki Samurai
    2004 Fleetwood Flair 30H (w/ Chevrolet 8.1 V8)
    1976 GMC Transmode

Quote Originally Posted by nbjohnson View Post
    Got the D.I.C. yesterday and put it on today. Very simple and had it installed in less than 10 minutes!! Works great.

What is cool....their is an instant fuel economy that shows the cylinder mode at the same time. It is neat to see the V8, V6 and V4 modes and then see the fuel economy too.

What really pisses me off is there is actually a socket molded on the back of the original panel for the D.I.C. connector to rest in with no buttons. It is actully plugged into it awaiting simply enough for the buttons. You would think that for all the effort to add the wiring harness the buttons would just be standard equipment. Sad...so sad GM is that greedy.
    Dude, come on; how does that make GM greedy? Do you think you are entitled to EVERYTHING as standard equipment? There are different option levels for a reason. The DIC is standard on the LT2 & LTZ models, and an option on the LT1. That is why the harness is there, so if the buyer wants to add it to an LT1, he can. Insted of slamming GM for being greedy, you should THANK them for being thoughtful enough to provide the harness for you to add the DIC so easily.

do yall think the wiring would be there on a WT truck. if so i want the buttons also
    07 new body silverado, 4.8L, 4x4, ex cab, Pioneer flip out dvd screen, what muffler?, 2" fabtech leveling kit
    Maxxis Buckshot Mudders 285/70

Quote Originally Posted by 07 redrado View Post
    do yall think the wiring would be there on a WT truck. if so i want the buttons also
    It is really easy to check; just snap the dash panel off and look at the headlight switch harness. The D.I.C. plug branches off from the headlight harness and is plugged in to a dead plug on the back of the dash panel. If you want, I can scan the D.I.C. instructions and email them to you. They show in exact detail how to remove the panel.

The GM Accessories catalog does not specify LT1 only, so my guess is that your WT has the harness. Alternatively, you could ask your dealer. They should be able to tell you if the harness is there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by