Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: alternator 03 trailblazer
09-06-2008, 10:16 AM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
alternator 03 trailblazer
how do you change the alternator on an 03 chevy trailblazer? how many bolts are there?
09-06-2008, 01:13 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2004
- Arlington, Texas, United States
- Blog Entries
It's a pretty easy job to get done, it's actually a pretty straight-forward project and will take a typical person between 40 minutes and 90 minutes or so.
- Battery first. It's a good idea to take the battery connection off, just in case.
- Serpentine Belt. The hardest part is to get the serpentine belt loose, you must know that you have to get the tension off of the belt and slip it off. This is very easy to do and should take like 30 seconds, but if you've never done it before you might over-think it and spend an hour or more working on this.
- Three bolts to freedom. There are three bolts that hold on the alternator. Two on top and one on the bottom. Take these out and save them as the new alternator probably will not have bolts with it.
- Unhook the alternator. Take care to unplug everything carefully and not how they fit into the unit.
- Swap them out! Pretty self-explanitory.
- Put the new alternator in. Set it in, put the bolts in and hook up the electrical connectors.
- Battery last. Hook the battery back up and fire it up and see if you're generating electricity.
10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)
Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
* I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.
By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last: 07-13-2010, 04:40 PM
By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last: 02-06-2010, 03:30 PM
By Padre in forum GM Electrical TechReplies: 6Last: 11-30-2009, 10:31 PM
By loic in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 10Last: 10-05-2009, 09:41 AM
By Crawdaddy in forum Audio, Video & Gadget TechReplies: 3Last: 07-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Tags for this Thread