GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by summitwhite11 View Post
    youngins, they have to make a lot of racket, and when they are fifty, guest will be asking, why do you have your TV turned up so loud, are you hard of hearing? To each there own.
    **sits there oblivious to the speaker** (like my dad) and go "Hu? Did you say something??"
    Nope....just carried out a full conversation and you didn't hear a word of it... haha.
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Actually I did hear it, hearing loss is gradual, I ran loud pipes on several hot rods, was into the rock n roll as much as anyone, and had exposure to noise pollution many times in my years carrying a firearm as a profession, I still do these things today at a much safer exposure level. My point was simple and precise, think about your future, hearing loss is not a good trade for anything. I wish someone had taken a second of their time when I was younger and made me think about what I was doing, and no I am not like your dad, I didnt sit there and say huh, I spoke up trying to offer some years of experience, its the young mans choice to act upon it or not, and your choice to rag another member for trying to offer a few years of experience. Enjoy the rest of your evening. (sorry about getting off subject here).
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

Quote Originally Posted by summitwhite11 View Post
    Actually I did hear it, hearing loss is gradual, I ran loud pipes on several hot rods, was into the rock n roll as much as anyone, and had exposure to noise pollution many times in my years carrying a firearm as a profession, I still do these things today at a much safer exposure level. My point was simple and precise, think about your future, hearing loss is not a good trade for anything. I wish someone had taken a second of their time when I was younger and made me think about what I was doing, and no I am not like your dad, I didnt sit there and say huh, I spoke up trying to offer some years of experience, its the young mans choice to act upon it or not, and your choice to rag another member for trying to offer a few years of experience. Enjoy the rest of your evening. (sorry about getting off subject here).
    Oh you meant you getting asked the question by your guests sorry I was saying if guest at my fathers house (me) asked him something he never hears due to his hearing loss. Sorry no disrespect on that end I thought you meant in general as a question. I was just saying in that scenario what my father does. He raced his whole life and works in the timber industry. I learned from his mistake to always wear ear protection. He did speak up when I was young and taught me that. Doesn't matter if racing or watching the races I wear my plugs. Hearing is a gift that needs to be preserved for life. I couldn't imagine life without it. This is why I don't have a system or anything or loud exhaust etc. Anyway sorry I didn't mean to offend you in any way.

4. Thanks summitwhite11 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12