GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i really want a taller tire to be honest. sure a little wider would be nice but the 3.08 ratio with a taller tire is scary i do a lotttt of hunting and a good bit of offroading and i want an lt tire mainly because i want tread depth but the lt275/70r18 is basically 13 pounds heavier per tire and im just thinking that right now it gear scavenges some bit and if im hitting hills every fall and spring is this gonna hurt? tread depth plus a sleight gain in height are the 2 things i mainly want.. well other than performance and mpg which according to the chart im sol on already so screw it! haha. just want recomendations for tirs that increase height, tread depth, and doesnt hurt performance much, i mean i dont wanna take too big a hit in mpg but anything in the 1-1.5 loss is fine haha
    2010 Silverado, Z71 4x4, 5.3, ext. cab, 3.08's, undercover tonneau, 2.5" roughcountry front lift (with .75" rear block), Ranch hand summit bullnose front bumper, ranch hand legend rear bumper, flowmaster super 10 3" ci/co, corsa chrome double exhaust tip, dee zee bed mat, bed rug tailgate rug

Going up a size is not going to hurt. You can do a plus one. Which is one size up. A brand that you might want to look into is Nitto. They make a tire called the terra grappler. A few friends have them and loves them. If you are still concerned about the rear end then you might want to look into changing g the rear end. I would go with the dealer so that you will keep your warranty.
    Chevy Coastie. 2010 Silverado Crew Cab. 20" Rims, 6000k Kelvin HIDs, Kelvin LED Dome lights, 20% tints

if i gear swapped itd be after the warranty and ive also heard pretty good things on nitto, i mean everyone knows mud grapplers lol. but i love the tread design on the wrangler duratracs and my dad gets a discount through them because his company associates with dunlop and i think ill be going up to 275/65r18 vs my stock 265/65s... ill get a little more width and height, get the tread depth of the lt tire and i dont have to worry about straining the hell outta my gears haha

i think i got it narrowed down to 275/65r18 and 275/70r18 im leaning towards the 275/65's though, at least 4 pounds less per tire and still going bigger in width and height and still getting deeper tread, another thing... i park in a ramp at my college and my antenna has smacked on the signs that hang down and im getting a 2.5" lift and basically that means i have to avoid all the signs there and going up to the 275/65's is still going a half inch bigger so im 3 inches higher........

Starting a new thread "ANYONE GOT AN IDEA FOR AN ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED BULL BAR FOR YOUR ROOF?! GOES UP WHEN YOU TURN IT ON, TRUN IT OFF AND IT RECESSES FLUSH WITH THE ROOF"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12