GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Questions about Hydrogen injection systems

I have a 2005 Chevy 1500 4.8. I'm thinking about having a Hydro injecter installed. I'm trying to get better gas milage out of my truck. I'm writing yall to get your opinon and thoughts please let me know.

i have never heard of this ...could you please enlighten me/us on this system..
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

Is that the same as or like the water/methanol fuel injector kit?
    6" BDS Suspension Lift / 3" Body Lift / 38x15.50x20 Dick Cepek FCII on 20x12 Dick Cepek DC-1 (summer set) / 325/80/16 Dick Cepek FCII on 16x8 American Racing Diamond Back (winter set) / Hypertech Power Programmer III / Air Max Spiral Flow Air Intake / / 80mm Granetelli MAF / 80mm BBK Throttle Body / Helix Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer / 2 Turbonators / Edelbrock Shorty Headers / 30 Series Flowmaster / 4.56 gears /

I wanted yall to help me out... Its a container that holds disteeled water and theres two cathods that once electricity is ran thought from one to the other it seperates the oxygen and the hydrogen. In turn pushes hydrogen to your breather box. I hear if you get the right mixure of hydrogen, oxygen, and gas you can save 20- 60 % on gas, horse power, and torque. I was asking to see if any one has put any of these on any of there vehical to let me know how it would work ( performance wise ) on mine.

I have a friend who has this on his Ford Ranger. He is trying to get it "dialed in", before he shares any info'. When he opens up, I"ll be sure and clue the folks on this site in.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Just to throw it in, the water/methanol fuel injector kit is suppose to gain 50hp, keep your motor clean, and prolong life of the motor. It's run off of 20 degree windshield wiper fluid. Kit comes with a 7 quart bottle or you can tap into your wiper fluid reservoir. This is what I have been told and the kit is 500 smackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleburn View Post
    I wanted yall to help me out... Its a container that holds disteeled water and theres two cathods that once electricity is ran thought from one to the other it seperates the oxygen and the hydrogen. In turn pushes hydrogen to your breather box. I hear if you get the right mixure of hydrogen, oxygen, and gas you can save 20- 60 % on gas, horse power, and torque. I was asking to see if any one has put any of these on any of there vehical to let me know how it would work ( performance wise ) on mine.

where could i find a kit like this and what is the price?

they tested it on mythbusters and busted it, but they tested it based on the kit without gasoline from the tank.
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cascott325 View Post
    they tested it on mythbusters and busted it, but they tested it based on the kit without gasoline from the tank.
    what did they test? the hydro or the water/methanol kit

the hydro. they built it completely from scratch, so theirs may or may not have been better

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by