GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

why did you replace the rear brake cylinders ? did you replace them or someone else ? was this because you were loosing brake fluid and just threw parts at it or there was a leak ?

did you add the brake fluid or others may have added brake fluid ? what fluid was used ?

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    why did you replace the rear brake cylinders ? did you replace them or someone else ? was this because you were loosing brake fluid and just threw parts at it or there was a leak ?

did you add the brake fluid or others may have added brake fluid ? what fluid was used ?

I use DOT3. I had the replaced because one of the springs in the drum brake broke causing the drum to be seized on the axle the only way to get it out was by breaking the cylinder so I just had them replace them both.

I was also reading online... Is there a chance air got into my ABS modulator? How do I check.

I ordered a booster, master cylinder, shocks, and ac blower motor it should be a fun weekend!

If I can just figure out what the deal with the radio is and why the lights behind the ac knobs went out she should be good as new.

does anyone know where to get cheap factory seat covers? These last couple years of college took a toll on this truck I'm just trying to bring it back to life.

if they are leather theseatshop.com has had the best prices I have seen. They went up recently but are still the cheapest I have found. For a complete front row, 2 bottoms and 2 backs, I think was $750. I have heard that Katzkin are really nice and I think they are cheaper than theseatshop. for some reason I think @99heartbeat has katzkin, I could be wrong though.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Txtruck84....they are a few outlets that you could check, for replacing your Seat Cover, and as mentioned by Pikey....I replaced my Factory Cloth Seat Covers, and Installed a Katzkin Two Tone Leather-n-Suede Covers,
    E-Bay,
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...at=0&_from=R40

Seat Covers Unlimited,
    http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/c...at_covers.html

Katzkin,
    http://katzkin.com/interiorselector

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Thabk you so much for all the info you guys have been a huge help! They are just the cloth seats its an LS but i had a lawn mower batter tip over and leak on the back seat and ruined the long part of the bench. I had a few cigarette burns on the front seat as well since i quit smoking it drives me crazy. I just need the bottoms but i will check those sites out tonight.

Legend

so when " THEY " replaced the rear wheel cylinders how much time past when the braking issues began ?

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    so when " THEY " replaced the rear wheel cylinders how much time past when the braking issues began ?
    The brake issue was before i thoight this might fix it.my brother was a body man for the chevy dealership here in dallas and one of the mechanics did it at his home

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Txtruck84 View Post
    The brake issue was before i thoight this might fix it.my brother was a body man for the chevy dealership here in dallas and one of the mechanics did it at his home
    the rear drums failure to come off is because they are worn too much ..this ridge prevents removal. the adjuster wheel would have to be rotated to return shoes away from the drum.. then new shoes and brake drums installed.

the issue with the brakes will need further investigation to determine your braking failure. separating the master from the booster should reveal if this is the problem with the loss of brake fluid and idle issues when the brake pedal is depressed.

contaminated brake fluid will create his type problem..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12