GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

And note. The 1st 60 lbs will be super easy to drop just with dieting alone. Maintain that will be the challenge. We're here for motivation when you lose your way.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

2. Thanks McClintoc thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
    We're here for motivation when you lose your way.
    Thanks man. I'll keep you guys updated.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Weighed in Saturday morning at 243 lbs! A 7-lbs loss in one week. I would love to keep up that pace but I know it will slow down as I lose more weight. Heck of start though.

I joined East Coast Boxing 2 weeks ago and if you make it 3 times a week and put your all into it.... the "fat" will disappear fast.

6. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Weighed in at 240 this morning. Another 3 pounds gone this week!

8. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Good going huh. Nice job.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Bummer, I'm only at 157. I'm not putting the pounds on fast enough...

Great job on your loss McClintoc.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

236.5 this morning! I've lost 13.5 lbs over 3 weeks. As of today, I'll be stepping up my workout intensity and duration.

12. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
    Sr. Mechanic

Congrats on your progress so far! I tell my clients to use this app called "Myfitnesspal". Its a great app that helps you keep track of everything you're eating and all you have to do is scan the bar code on the food or type it in and the app does all the calculating for you. A lot of people have this notion that carbs are bad and protein is all you need, which is mostly wrong. Carbs are what we need for energy so you don't want to cut them too much. My advice would get away from simple carbs and go with complex carbs. With protein since you aren't hitting the weights hard everyday like a weight lifter you can eat .8-.9 g/kg of your body weight. So divide your weight by 2.2 to get it in kilograms then multiply by .8-.9 to get how much protein you need. People eating 200g of protein a day when they are trying to lose weight are just adding unnecessary calories each day. Leftover protein in the body turns into fat it can't be stored and used the next day.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

14. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

@sierra11 I'm using MyFitnessPal. It is quite handy. I am only using on-line, not the phone app. Also, I am not cutting carbs. I hear too many people doing the no-carb diet then they gain all their weight back once they start eating carbs again. That is just silly. All I am really looking at is total calorie intake/usage each day and reducing how much sugar I take in; I'm watching my protein a little as well. Seems to be working so far.

16. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by