GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 Last Post byLast Post by

Ugh, weighed yesterday and I'm at 238. Really plateauing right now...
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I've been eating a ton and not walking enough. Hopefully I'll break through this week though.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1470262_10152099059374642_1100279707_n.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	58462......
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

Soooo sore today.............. So sore.................................

It's been a couple of weeks, how's everything been going? I've been eating too much and not doing enough exercise myself actually.

I've hit a serious plateau. I've been stuck at 236 lbs for six or seven weeks now and can't figure out how to get back to losing.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    I've hit a serious plateau. I've been stuck at 236 lbs for six or seven weeks now and can't figure out how to get back to losing.
    Stuck? I happens. Have you tired changing things up? Different routines?

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard lately. I'm trying to increase my intensity level but it's hard.

I've been off the horse the past couple of weeks - way off my diet and no working out. I'm back up to 240. I'll be out of town this weekend but I am going to recommit on Monday and get back into my routine.

Something similar for me as well, I dropped 15 lbs, but have gained back a few of those once again. It's easy to do, that's for sure.

So, I keep reading in articles how sitting all day is bad for us and it dawned on me: I am probably not losing any weight because, sure enough, I sit all day at work then come home and sit and watch TV or play video games. The latest article I read tied sitting all day with a slow metabolism. I've been off the horse for about three weeks now and creeped back up above 240. :(

This weekend I am going down to Houston to help my mom move some things but on Monday I am going to start over and reapply myself. I am going to get back on my diet and I will get back to walking every day along with lifting weights every other day. One major change I will do is to stand up and move around every hour while at work and if I come home and watch TV or play games after walking, I'll stand up during commercials or when a new level loads, that kind of thing. I am also going to deliberately and calculatingly measure my portions. Hopefully this restart will get me back on track.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 Last Post byLast Post by