GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Just push yer truck around the yard. That'll burn calories faster then an eye wink. lol
    Excuse the rust..I USE my truck.

"No matter how beat up or rusty a chevy is, no truck will ever look as good goin down the road wearin that bowtie!"

Quote Originally Posted by 66 chevyman View Post
    Just push yer truck around the yard. That'll burn calories faster then an eye wink. lol
    Maybe if I had a few acres of land but I live in an apartment. I don't think the front office would appreciate my truck in their grass. :p
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

A little trick that I have tried.
    I lost 20 lbs over a year span by just turning down the thermostats by 5 degrees both summer and winter. I still dress the same, eat the same and exercise the same as before. But the cooler temp forces your body to burn calories to maintain body temperature. It only feels cold for the first week as your metabolisim ramps up, then you notice no difference.
    What has really messed me up is a broken leg in a Wisconsin winter, the dog and I are both gaining weight fast right now.......
    Jeff
    2011 Silverado, 1500, EX cab, 8' box, 4x4, 5.3l.

This guy claims he lost 56 pounds in six month by eathing nothing but McDonalds and walking for 45 minutes a day.

http://www.today.com/health/man-lose...ths-2D79329158#

If that is true, then I should have no problems reaching my goal as I am eating way healthier than McDonalds and doing a lot more than just 45 minutes of walking each day.

5. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    This guy claims he lost 56 pounds in six month by eathing nothing but McDonalds and walking for 45 minutes a day.

http://www.today.com/health/man-lose...ths-2D79329158#

If that is true, then I should have no problems reaching my goal as I am eating way healthier than McDonalds and doing a lot more than just 45 minutes of walking each day.
    Don't get lazy on us. Just establish a 30 min workout routine and you're set.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

I need to gain all this weight you guys are losing! lol I eat like a fat a** and still gain nothing haha
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

Quote Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
    Don't get lazy on us. Just establish a 30 min workout routine and you're set.
    I have a 1.5-hour routine set. I walk my dog for 45 minutes then do some more cardio, like stationary bike, for another 45 minutes and I'm only eating about 1800 calories a day.

I weighed again this morning and am still at 236 like I was a week ago. But, I can admit, I didn't do all my workouts this week. I just walked my dog every day and didn't do any of the extra cardio. Kind of a lazy week...

Ugh, 236 again this morning. That's two straight weeks of no loss, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 95_5spd View Post
    I need to gain all this weight you guys are losing! lol I eat like a fat a** and still gain nothing haha
    Try taking some mass protein. Carb loaded diet.

Ugh, 236 again this morning. That's two straight weeks of no loss, at all.
    Try staying off the scale for a week. A lot of the times they just discourage people from pushing because the fluctuate so often.

Are you feeling healthier?

I have a 1.5-hour routine set. I walk my dog for 45 minutes then do some more cardio, like stationary bike, for another 45 minutes and I'm only eating about 1800 calories a day.

I weighed again this morning and am still at 236 like I was a week ago. But, I can admit, I didn't do all my workouts this week. I just walked my dog every day and didn't do any of the extra cardio. Kind of a lazy week...
    If you're walking alot you're probably gaining muscle.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... Last Post byLast Post by