GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

The gas prices over here are going up because of Ike heading toward texas. The only stations that arent going up are the ones that are getting foreign oil.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Dude should have probably not been here I think ... anything for the perfect angle though. Remember, he's blind by the lights from the camera too.

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=...rom=im_default

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

IKE is going to be bad. I'm in River Ridge Louisiana -4 miles West of NOLA. 30 mph winds started here at 1pm yesterday ,and are still blowing 21 hours later. IKE has brought a LOT MORE RAIN than Gustav ,and much longer lasting winds. The winds were maybe 60 mph with Gustav, but we were just 60 miles from its center. We were never closer than 260 miles from the center of IKE- it is a much bigger, wetter storm with more surge.

Good luck to Houston metro and Lake Charles. They will have some surge(Galveston will have huge surge), but lots of wind and rain flooding. Their power will be out for days/weeks.

Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    IKE is going to be bad. I'm in River Ridge Louisiana -4 miles West of NOLA. 30 mph winds started here at 1pm yesterday ,and are still blowing 21 hours later. IKE has brought a LOT MORE RAIN than Gustav ,and much longer lasting winds. The winds were maybe 60 mph with Gustav, but we were just 60 miles from its center. We were never closer than 260 miles from the center of IKE- it is a much bigger, wetter storm with more surge.

Good luck to Houston metro and Lake Charles. They will have some surge(Galveston will have huge surge), but lots of wind and rain flooding. Their power will be out for days/weeks.

Charlie
    Ike looks like it fills up almost the entire Gulf Coast! How can a storm be THAT big?

Saw this quote: Hurricane Ike is following a track similar to the 1900 Galveston hurricane that killed 8000 people, the deadliest storm in US history

We're fortunate to live in a country that was founded on the principles of helping people, learning about the environment and protecting life. That's why we have evacuations ... an attempt to saves lives.

"Surf's up" in Galveston! I lived in La Porte for 25 years and I was told they evacuated it yesterday (right next door to Deer Park). We were at 14' elevation where I lived and the "surge" is expected to be between 15' to 20'. I sure hope all goes well for those staying.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Just saw video of Hurricane Ike knocking down Geraldo! lol! Why rush into a storm? Too bad the camera wasn't directly on him.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video0...421614,00.html

Probably the last lighthearted moment before something big and very damaging hits tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by retired2001 View Post
    "Surf's up" in Galveston! I lived in La Porte for 25 years and I was told they evacuated it yesterday (right next door to Deer Park). We were at 14' elevation where I lived and the "surge" is expected to be between 15' to 20'. I sure hope all goes well for those staying.
    im right smak dab in the path of ike :(
    were suppose to get cat 4 or 5 surge
    there are alot of nearby cities that are on the water and they are alrady have lottts of flooding ..and the thing has not even made landfall... my family and i have decided to stay ... i am thinking that is a bad idea .. we have never flooded but this may be the big one.
    i am very concerned thatmy truck may get water
    my city is not evac but most are that are around us (im in deer park tx )
    city officals are expecting us to loose power so it may be a few weeks before i regain power/internet
    this one is goin to be bad... is anyone else close to me??
    they are expecting the whole island of glaveston to be under water ..

Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by 04sierracrewcab View Post
    im right smak dab in the path of ike :(
    were suppose to get cat 4 or 5 surge
    there are alot of nearby cities that are on the water and they are alrady have lottts of flooding ..and the thing has not even made landfall... my family and i have decided to stay ... i am thinking that is a bad idea .. we have never flooded but this may be the big one.
    i am very concerned thatmy truck may get water
    my city is not evac but most are that are around us (im in deer park tx )
    city officals are expecting us to loose power so it may be a few weeks before i regain power/internet
    this one is goin to be bad... is anyone else close to me??
    they are expecting the whole island of glaveston to be under water ..

Wow, well I wish you the best. If you can get out, it might not be too late. I looked up Deer Park and your elevation is only 24 feet, so you might get wet it looks like.

This storm is HUGE, so it's about to hit you pretty hard. We're expected to get 45 MPH winds starting tomorrow and we're hundreds of miles inland.

Here's Deer Park, it's the red dot in the greater Houston area.

Here's the overall Hurricane:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hurricaneIKE.jpg   hurricaneIKEdeerpark.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Here's Deer Park, it's the red dot in the greater Houston area.

Here's the overall Hurricane:

and booooom
    SRAIGHT @ ME!!!

I would like to leave but my family does not want to
    we have a generator and plenty of supplies
    we boarded up the windows ...with fence pickets
    the Boliver Penn. is under water @ this time ...
    the storm is expexcted to hit @ 2am and be a weaker cat 3 with storm surge of a cat 5
    i may not have a truck by this time tommrow .. and wont have power
    i pray for all in the wrath of this storm

God Bless