GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: 93 GMC Typhoon

Jr. Mechanic

Default 93 GMC Typhoon

Hey guys, I found a white 1993 GMC typhoon at a local dealership the other day and I'm thinking of buying it. Mostly I'm thinking about buying it because even though it is older than my black 1995 chevy tahoe 2-door, it is way nicer and more of what I want (mostly because I'm a demon-speeding). What do you guys think of that truck, and are there any problems with these cars that I should know of?

more info on the truck:
    White 1993 GMC typhoon
    black leather interior
    2-door sports SUV
    turbo-charged 4.3 litre V6 engine
    700R4 4-speed automatic transmission
    all wheel drive
    in really good shape
    $13,999

please respond as soon as possible, I'm trying to buy this truck quickly before someone else does.

Legend

that better have super low miles and full show quality for that price regardless of how rare they are, as they usually are beaten to death or modded, not to mention the insurance could be pretty high for it. i would for sure be checking underneath the truck at that drive train. That AWD in those cant be cheap to fix as that a lot of power to handle
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Like vnjc96 says, I hope the mileage is low. Although those trucks are rare the value isnt as high as their asking price unless its super low mileage.
    Before you buy it I'd get it up on a lift, run diagnostics, and have a general check over by a knowledgeable mechanic. Most of the Cyclone and Typhoon trucks/SUV's were run hard.
    They didnt really have any issues as much as they were just beat on because they were fast vehicles, not many people bought them and just drove them to church on Sunday while garaging them the rest of the week.

its a rare truck and they can go really fast. if its what you want, go for it
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

wow 14k thats really high in my opinion. It would have to be perfect for me to buy it.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Jr. Mechanic

actually it only has 52,000 miles and doesn't appear to be modded. it looks like the last owner either had kids that he shuttled around in it or he was really into toy trains in the back seat of his truck (that pervert). The interior is in really great shape, better than the interior in my 1995 chevy tahoe two door, and I baby that car. It has been repainted though, there is white overspray on the fuel tank. I'd get a carfax report on it before buying it, and I would put it on a lift also. but I am really into this car mostly because it is like my current vehicle, except it should drive a bit faster and more like a car, which would be much appreciated.

thanks for your input guys! if any one has any more to add, please go ahead.