GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Bug deflector - AVS vs. Lund

Ok, I am looking to buy one asap so I can keep my front end from getting destroyed. For an 04, the hood edge has 1 small rock chip and I figured a bug deflector will help.

I have narrowed it down to lund and AVS. I read good reviews about both, but can anyone confirm if one is better than the other as far as silverado fitment goes?

I have an 04 Silverado 1500....

Thanks!
    2004 Silverado 1500 Z71 aka Whitey
    2004 Lancer Evolution VIII

I have both products on my truck, but I have a lund bug shield. It fits very nicely. Just make sure you put the rubber stoppers on the ends or you'll get the wind wobble noise smacking the hood.
    6" BDS Suspension Lift / 3" Body Lift / 38x15.50x20 Dick Cepek FCII on 20x12 Dick Cepek DC-1 (summer set) / 325/80/16 Dick Cepek FCII on 16x8 American Racing Diamond Back (winter set) / Hypertech Power Programmer III / Air Max Spiral Flow Air Intake / / 80mm Granetelli MAF / 80mm BBK Throttle Body / Helix Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer / 2 Turbonators / Edelbrock Shorty Headers / 30 Series Flowmaster / 4.56 gears /

Legend

if you want it just for protection then get the film that is made for your truck, i think its called invisible bug sheild or something along those lines, supposedly you can lose one mpg when you actually out the bug deflector on, but if mine alreday didnt have one i would put the tape on instead, you cant see it unless you know its there
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

isnt avs part of the lund company?... i always thought they were... any how avs is the way to go imo

Yes, same company under Lund International. Their bugdeflectors are different though slightly (different series). I prefer the Lund Bugflector II for the low profile look. The clear vinyl kits from Husky are very nice too if you dont want a deflector.
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

i have a avs bugdeflector ii for my silverado and had one for my colorado and i love those things... either way you go i think you should be pretty well set