GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default which mod is good for me

ok i am stuck for parts and i need help. 1993 chevy cheynne 1/2 ton 2wd 305 5.0L and i want some beef under the hood so the question is what is the best way to go:

*stay with the TBI and put perfomance/torque edel intake mani.,spacer plate,and performance air intake.

*go for edel performance/torque intake manifold and carb (4 barrel)

Legend

Blog Entries

to the site.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site! As a pre-Vortec TBI owner myself, I had good luck with a throttle-body spacer, performance chip, aftermarket exhaust, and a performance chip. A better breathing air cleaner/filter would help as well. Currently I just turned the lid of my air cleaner upside down and it really does make a difference in performance!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by myredneckchevy View Post
    ok i am stuck for parts and i need help. 1993 chevy cheynne 1/2 ton 2wd 305 5.0L and i want some beef under the hood so the question is what is the best way to go:

*stay with the TBI and put perfomance/torque edel intake mani.,spacer plate,and performance air intake.

*go for edel performance/torque intake manifold and carb (4 barrel)
    Unless you plan to make this a weekend toy, I would stay with the TBI. BIg gains can be had from the "ultimate TBI mods" bassically porting and polishing the tb. also the spacers have shown proven results. Longtube headers and a free flowing exhast will help tons, as will a better intake. once you get your bolton's have your truck tuned and you want regret it. if after all these things you still want more, look into a motor build. is it a stick or an auto? if its an auto a shift kit will help to beef it up and shave some tenths off your 1/4. a mild stall and rear end regear will also help things along.

Clint
    00' 1500 RCLB 5.3/60E 2"daystars,3" RC spindles,2.5" ADL,265/70/17s,AEM LT's,Magnaflow,P&P'd TB,S&B CAI,Vette servo,LS1 fans,ASP UDP,Wheatley Tune,Free Mods,Detroit,Richmond 4.10's,04' Tails,HD grille swap 14.5 @ 92 H/C coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 20002wdchevy View Post
    Unless you plan to make this a weekend toy, I would stay with the TBI. BIg gains can be had from the "ultimate TBI mods" bassically porting and polishing the tb. also the spacers have shown proven results. Longtube headers and a free flowing exhast will help tons, as will a better intake. once you get your bolton's have your truck tuned and you want regret it. if after all these things you still want more, look into a motor build. is it a stick or an auto? if its an auto a shift kit will help to beef it up and shave some tenths off your 1/4. a mild stall and rear end regear will also help things along.

Clint
    i have a auto which kinda sucks i really wanted a stick shift for the truck but w/e. unfortunatly i cant put duals on because of the gas tank placement and the fact of me being cheap and not going straight to the back of the truckbut i am looking for ideas for putting into my truck next year ideas