GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2007 Silverado Sunroof Leaks

I have a 2007 1500 Silverado Crew Cab, new body style with the sunroof. Live in FL and with all the rain we've been having, sunroof is leaking through the control console on the roof, and the trim at the top of the seatbelt mounts. The dealer has already tried to fix once. Bringing it in again for a 2nd time this week. They replaced the gasket and drain tubing last time...What else can they do? Didn't spend $40K on a truck in Florida to have it leak when it rains!!! Anyone have any fixes, ideas or similar problems?
    Last edited by Crawdaddy; 11-25-2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Toned down the font

Had one in my 2007 Cobalt. There was a TSB out for it that I had to find for the dumbass tech's. It wsa a simple adjustment to the track. Ask them to look for a TSB. Took them 4 visits to get rid of the dam leak though. And double check your headliner and all that **** and tell them you want all that replaced as well and a new switch and bezel because that will rust as well.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

Yeah, it's normally just a track adjustment so that it lines up and seats in there properly. They should also check the seals and make sure they look good. And like Stouffer said, they need to replace/fix anything that might have gotten wet!

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Leaky Sunroof View Post
    I have a 2007 1500 Silverado Crew Cab, new body style with the sunroof. Live in FL and with all the rain we've been having, sunroof is leaking through the control console on the roof, and the trim at the top of the seatbelt mounts. The dealer has already tried to fix once. Bringing it in again for a 2nd time this week. They replaced the gasket and drain tubing last time...What else can they do? Didn't spend $40K on a truck in Florida to have it leak when it rains!!! Anyone have any fixes, ideas or similar problems?
    I'm having similar problem with my 2007 Sierra crew cab. I'm concerned that a lot of water leaked down into the bottom of the cab and the dealer won't get it out. Do you know how they handled this in your case.

Blog Entries

Keep taking it back until it is fixed right. If that dealer runs out of options, take it to another dealer. I know it's a pain and an inconvenience to take it to the dealer but like you said, after spending $40k on a vehicle you surly want it fixed right!

Welcome to the site!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by dwill3015 View Post
    Keep taking it back until it is fixed right. If that dealer runs out of options, take it to another dealer. I know it's a pain and an inconvenience to take it to the dealer but like you said, after spending $40k on a vehicle you surly want it fixed right!

Welcome to the site!
    Agreed keep the perstiancy!

Welcome! Keep us posted!
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

2008 2500 Silverado, Leaking sunroof and back slider window. 5 visits to the shop 36 days out of service, 7K miles, 56k purchase.... yeh I'm frustrated..... all the dealer or GM will do is try and fix it. I think I am going to try and envoke the Wa State Lemon Law....

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Everyone is right and next visit you want them to contact the Dealer Rep while you are there. Then make sure you have the receipts and document the days,time and hours and you also can use the Lemon Law if you are the original owner. By all means do, you want this to be right. Its your hard earned money and its a pain like Dwill3015 states, but you got to do it.....Replace anything associated with the problem that may have been wet or damaged. We all want not to have issues with ours toys, me as well, so as long as we can help or support your venture, we will. Let us know what goes on, so we can to keep it in the back of our minds......

Jeff
    JMoney02

Default Continued Leaks

I have kept all of the receipts and documented the days.. I was really hoping since this was reported at 895 miles the dealer would have replaced it, but no such luck. 2 headliners, 1 roof cluster, 2 back slider replacements, and 4 sunfoof, gasket and or shim adjustments later it looks like all they will do is keep trying to fix it, now at 8,000 miles, living in the rain soaked pacific northwest I have lost faith for future rain storms and worry about mold, I fear the only option left is the lemon law, bummer....

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ParadisDL View Post
    I have kept all of the receipts and documented the days.. I was really hoping since this was reported at 895 miles the dealer would have replaced it, but no such luck. 2 headliners, 1 roof cluster, 2 back slider replacements, and 4 sunfoof, gasket and or shim adjustments later it looks like all they will do is keep trying to fix it, now at 8,000 miles, living in the rain soaked pacific northwest I have lost faith for future rain storms and worry about mold, I fear the only option left is the lemon law, bummer....
    Have you ask them or have contacted the Dealer Rep. with this info? You really needed to! As they should have offered you a new truck by now! Contact the GM liason Reps for Dealers and explain your situation with the details and lets see what they do for you. I the past when I work for GM these people were really fair with customers complaints........

Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast