GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Back in Minnesota

Just thought that I would share that I'm back in Minnesota, safe and sound.

1391 miles driven, 140 gallons of fuel burned, for a average fuel econemy of 9.9 mpg. why so low?

pulling the trailer in my signature, and my gross weight was 11,800lbs.

I had a fairly stiff headwind from Ohio all the way to the spot where I74 turns north to Iowa.

made in out of Virginia before the ice and snow there, and after some snow and ice in Iowa, could not have timed it better.

I have a job lined up in Iowa about 2 hours south of my parents house, and I'm toying with buying a house down there.

thought I would share for those who may be interested.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Glad you made it safely. It can be tricky weather wise this time of year planning a long trip. Good luck in your new job!
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler