GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Washer fluid heater

The previous owner of this truck told me they had a recall on the washer fluid heater. he told me that the recall simply just disconnect the heater rather then fix the problem. Anybody experience a fire? He didn't take this truck in for the recall because he liked the heater and it outweighed the risk . thoughts?

Legend

I would call your dealership for the full correct details..

I know that gm recall on this was to remove this feature...some owners wanted a payback since this was removed.

my feeling about this is the washer bottle need be mounted on the firewall.. with this mounted near all the engine bay heat it works with no problems after the vehicle has warmed up ... this was how it was years ago ..now this is mounted so that it stays cold all the time so your spraying 20 deg f washer fluid on the heated windshield then it freezes... Toyota has this heated fluid system and they have no problems ..GM did it the cheapest way just to un plug it. nothing you can do about it now... buy a Toyota next time.

bryane,

I understand that you may have some questions regarding an open recall on your vehicle. I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me referencing this thread if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care