GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Test Driving a 2014 SS

Got my mitts on a 2014 SS for the weekend.
    Picked it up Friday night and I have to return it Monday morning.
    This thing is definately not remotely like a truck.
    Metal flake black, sunroof, 6.2 with 6 spd auto, and dealer added Katzkins leather conversion on the seats.
    I dont know what options you could add other than leather, and heated/cooled seats. This particular car has it all.
    The trans has traditional lever shifter or you can go manual and shift with the paddle shifters on the steering wheel.
    4 wheel disc brakes with big Brembo's up front that slow the car down real fast.
    6.2 engine that leaves almost everything else behind it, I did make the mistake of challenging a Corvette Stingray, I lost but not by much. Also lost to a Harley Street Glide Special, but I dont think it was remotely stock.
    Great riding car that has tons of performance on straight or twisty roads, but it can also seat 5 in comfort.
    If I was in the market for a new family sedan this would definately be one of the choices.
    Priced at $48k as outfitted its actually comparable to other cars in its class and standing.
    One of the few cars my wifes driven in the last few years that she would actually trade her HHR for.
    The wife is normally a slow driver, on the way home friday night from picking up the SS she was driving it and I was following in my truck, she got started racing a new Camero, that she ended up blowing away, while totaly out running my truck.
    I think about then she fell in love with the car.

Were scheduled to drive a 2wd Silverado High Country for a weekend in a few weeks.

2. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Lets go you know the we wait...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Yeah, definitely needs some pics. The SS is still on my list to check out before I make a new-car purchase later this year. I just hate that it has all that power and it doesn't come with a true manual transmission. :(
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

HEY!......... pictures are all the time! LOL!
    Excuse the rust..I USE my truck.

"No matter how beat up or rusty a chevy is, no truck will ever look as good goin down the road wearin that bowtie!"

I just looked at on on the GM site. Wow! they come with a ton of options standard. I did notice that it said "Spare Tire, Not Desired" then the next option was "flat tire inflation kit"

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Yeah, this thread fizzled out. What gives???? @tbplus10 where you at with the SS?

Still depressed because I had to take it back.
    Taking the truck in this morning for service and was promised I could get the SS for the day as a loaner.
    I should be able to get pics of it.
    Had to do some begging and whining to get the SS again, the service manager says last time I had it she lost to much rubber and came back with a bunch of squeeks and rattles, he wasnt buying my excuse of poor quality rubber and GM quality control being lax.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Still depressed because I had to take it back.
    Taking the truck in this morning for service and was promised I could get the SS for the day as a loaner.
    I should be able to get pics of it.
    Had to do some begging and whining to get the SS again, the service manager says last time I had it she lost to much rubber and came back with a bunch of squeeks and rattles, he wasnt buying my excuse of poor quality rubber and GM quality control being lax.
    Sounds like you and the wife made good use of the car that weekend.
    How's the interior room? At 6'4", there are few cars that I fit in comfortably.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Hmm, that is quite interesting actually. When my dad and I went to the Dallas Auto Show this past weekend, we looked at the SS. My dad noticed the passenger door rattled pretty badly when you closed it. I went back and tried the door and sure enough, it rattled, badly. If that loaner (which I can't imagine has too many miles on it) rattles, it sounds like the SS is not built very well. Bummer.

Didnt get to take the SS out, they found issues on my truck and had to switch to a loaner I could keep for a few days. Ended up with a 2013 extra cab 1500 for a few days.