GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jacksonville NC

Just a little ways north in New Bern. I live between New Bern and Havelock and spend a lot of time in Havelock through the week for work. I was stationed at the air station back in the day in jville, good times. When I got out I decided to stick around. Love the area, love the fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraAviTek View Post
    Just a little ways north in New Bern. I live between New Bern and Havelock and spend a lot of time in Havelock through the week for work. I was stationed at the air station back in the day in jville, good times. When I got out I decided to stick around. Love the area, love the fishing.
    You do off shore fishing or fresh water? I was born and raised in Half Moon and moved to the Charlotte area about 5 years ago and everytime I go back to jville to see family I cant believe the growth. I dont there there ever was a recesion in jville.

________2013 4C Rated__________

I don't do offshore because I don't have the money for it or the know how since I've never been. My boat is a 17 ft Sea Chaser made by Carolina Skiff (it's their v-hull model). I stay inshore around the Neuse River for Reds, Trout, Flounder and Striper. Sometimes I'll try to go up river a little farther in the Trent or Neuse or down some of the creeks to chase some bass or crappie but it's not often. I do some inshore around the haystacks area in Beaufort/Morehead too. I do some freshwater for crappie when I go visit the in-laws up in China Grove. My wife's grandparents have a waterfront lot with a trailer on High Rock so that always makes for a good time during the spring, summer and fall.

Thats awesome. I lucked out cause the father inlaw has a 26.3 Hydra Sports that we take a few miles out and the brother inlaw lives on Virgina Creek and we do a lot of gig'in around there. I remember years ago when the hog spill went down there was nobody fishing on the Neuse so me and some friends would go down there and catch and release like nobody's business!

________2013 4C Rated__________

It's made a pretty good comeback. The striper are there year round, they are always fun to catch. If I see gar feeding then I cast a rattle trap in and jig it back hard, sometimes a gar will hit it but if I let it sink far enough, the rock that are catching the scraps under them will hit it. I wish I could find more bass and crappie though. I grew up on the Texas coast so I'm more of a saltwater guy, don't know a thing about freshwater, but I have fun putting a minnow on a hook and casting to a brush pile at the lake or trolling for them on the channel. I wouldn't mind finding more of that around here. I haven't been able to do much at all lately because I had major shoulder surgery back in December. Apparently it takes a long time to heal, a lot longer than I thought! I have a buddy with a 21 ft contender who likes to go offshore, but like I said, I've never done it so I don't know how and from what I see it's out of my price range anyway. I'm ok with that though, I can have plenty of fun chasing the inshore species....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234