GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 94 Suburban K1500 jerks at highway speeds

My 94 suburban 4x4 with 5.7L TBI jerks at highway speeds and when accelerating to pass at highway speeds. Any one have a similar problem or know of some solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jgostrenga View Post
    My 94 suburban 4x4 with 5.7L TBI jerks at highway speeds and when accelerating to pass at highway speeds. Any one have a similar problem or know of some solutions?
    jerking as in the motor surges or the suspension Is beating the hell out of you?
    Chuckie!!!

Hard shifting? throttle sagging? Surging? Fred Flintstone has his feet down?

It's not suspension but it feels like it's engine/drivetrain related. Almost feels like it's hesitating at cruise to down shift from overdrive.

When mine did that it was the first warning sign of transmission failure.

Sorry. Hope it's something else.
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

Im hoping that's not it but that's what I'm thinking as well. Was hoping someone with similar issues replaced a sensor or something. Truck has 196xxx on it so it's about due.