GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTN47 View Post
    Dash switch is OUT.
    Hmmmmm, hard to know what you mean by this. If your talking about the round knob that can be pushed in, or pushed again and it comes out, your taking about the wrong switch. This one turns the dome lights on.

The almost square switch above the round one is the dome light disable switch. If it's pushed in the door open dome light on is dis-abled.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Thanks for the advice. I do intend to take it to the dealer. Since we moved, the dealer is about 45 miles away. Due to the mileage (I love driving this machine!), the truck is already out of warranty, so the fix will be out of my pocketbook. I was hoping I'd learn what might be the problem and could estimate how long the dealer fix might take.
    I will post pics of my LTZ, affectionately called our "BRT" (Big Red Truck) since it's victory red.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTN47 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I do intend to take it to the dealer.
    @the phantom was only suggesting dealer because it was a 2012. He assumed, rightfully so, that it was still under bumper to bumper.

We do not suggest taking it to any dealer if it is out of warranty unless that is the only option.

Did you read my post on the light switches?
    Last edited by RayVoy; 04-07-2014 at 03:48 PM.

JohnTN47,

As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns please contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Good morning! Well, I feel about so high (1/2") as I type this! I was driving along yesterday, and I noticed what the owner's manual calls the Dome Lamp Override button. I pushed on it, and it popped out a little bit. When I was able to open the driver's door, surprise! The dome lamps came on! I did not realize that was a two-position switch! I am sure glad I didn't embarrass myself with my dealer's service writer. Thanks, Dana W., for alerting me to that switch! You can send me your bill! Have a great day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12