GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Look on the tire see what it says.. I run about 38 in my factory 18's and 40 in my 20's...
    I will look again, but I think the tires just give a range, not a specific psi for the vehicle you are driving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    You lowered the pressure to 42, what were you running? You didn't say it was a 2500 Sub, so I'm assuming it is a 1500 truck, why would you need pressure that high?
    I should have been more specific, and I do have a 1500. When I had the new tires and sensors put on, I asked them to over inflate my tires because I knew I was going to be programming the sensors by letting air out of each one. As it turns out I only needed to let a small amount out before each registered, so they were all still over inflated. I only mentioned 42 as a pressure they all seemed to stop giving me a warning in the message center. I currently have all four at 38 psi, but I am not sure what should be the correct psi as the previous owner most likely ruined the other tires because they were cupped in the middle. Then again he could have been driving around with low pressure like 24 because the TPMS was not working.

So, this is just my 2 cents worth. On the door frame is a factory sticker that provides the recommended tire pressures, I know you don't have factory wheels/tires, however, the label pressures should be used as a guide.

You keep taking about cupping, actually that problem is causes by wear in the suspension; however, if what you were referring to was the center of the tire being worn more that the outside, that is caused by over inflation. Wearing of the shoulders of the tire is caused by under inflation.

I suggest, somewhere around 35 (cold) might be a good pressure.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12