GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Cool 1991 TBI 350 junk or good

Hi can anyone please tell me are the TBI 350 any good ? is 118000 mile alot on a timing chain ? would a bad chain cause my truck to all of a sudden start pinging im at a loss i have a bad very bad spine and can't do the work that i use to . Car accident three of them none my fault so if i have to do it i want to make sure that that's what it is. If any one reading this want's to get paid that would be no problem i have all the tool's need'ed air and regular tool's Harmonic balancer puller and all heated garage to i live in Plymouth wi just leave me a message THANK YOU SHAWN... you can E-mail me as well shawnhammes45@gmail.com

Personally, I like my 350 TBI. It's not a crazy fuel-inefficient carburetor that's impossible to tune, but since it's already installed it's not a $3-5 grand fuel-injection system that would never pay off in better fuel mileage.

A timing chain should last a lot longer than 100K in my opinion, but it could be out.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Did you get the problem solved?
    Chuckie!!!