GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Keeping my regular headlights on at the same time as the hi-beams

I know some people around here have done this. I remember something about a relay but what all do I need to do this conversion and how difficult is it?

I want my regular headlights to stay on even when I flip on the brights.

I'd like to do this the same time I replace my headlight housings and my grille which could be this weekend or the next.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    I know some people around here have done this. I remember something about a relay but what all do I need to do this conversion and how difficult is it?

I want my regular headlights to stay on even when I flip on the brights.

I'd like to do this the same time I replace my headlight housings and my grille which could be this weekend or the next.
    Here's a Web Site, that sells the 4-Hi Headlight Mod Conversion Kit,
    http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/hi...x00129d-.aspx#

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I did this: http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com...tdrlnstall.pdf . @Enkeiavalanche posted the link some time ago. It cost me around $4

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I asked the same question on another forum (a computer/tech forum with a small automotive subforum) and someone there linked me to a site where people were simply grounding a single wire that was previously ungrounded. Is that recommended and/or safe?

Perhaps MADS99, er @99'HEARTBEAT, can enlighten us.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    I asked the same question on another forum (a computer/tech forum with a small automotive subforum) and someone there linked me to a site where people were simply grounding a single wire that was previously ungrounded. Is that recommended and/or safe?

Perhaps MADS99, er @99'HEARTBEAT, can enlighten us.
    Clint....after I installed the 4-Hi Headlight Mod Conversion Kit above on my Truck, I then heard, that by locating on the Passenger-Side Headlight, the Yellow Wire, and Splicing into it and then adding some of the same Gauge Wire, and then running that wire to a Solid Ground, in the end it gives you the 4-Hi Mod....and as far as I know, the ones that have Done this Mod "Splicing into Yellow Wire" have had no problems....
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 02-18-2014 at 07:45 PM.

LMC truck has a kit for this, LMC truck.com
    ​DAVE