GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default belt tensioner bracket

can anyone remember back to 1989?? I have a 1989 gmc 4x4 1/2 ton trhat I want to remove the a/c compressor. what do i need to do? new bracket, shorter belt, different belt tensioner?? I'm prety sure the b.t. has to be moved but it appears i need a different bracket to mount it in the right location. then there is the 40 or 6 groove serpentine belt issue/
    also does anyone know if they make an assembly or parts manual

thanks for any info

I have mounted a 1039 body on this chassis. I have a feeling I'm just getting started on the first of many issues. LOL

which motor does it have and what's the configuration of the accesorries on the belt currently? I want to say if you have the a/c compressor on the drivers side with a 350, you just get a shorter belt and it'll work. Mind you, this is going completely off of memory.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Default belt tensioner bracket

it has the 5.7 and compressor is on the passenger side. it does show a different belt config in the book and the parts store show a different number on the tensioner for a engine w or w/o an a/c. i thought a new tensioner and belt would work on the old bracket but it doesnt seem to. jst wanted to see if someone could verify that

thanks

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site. I have an 87 Blazer 1/2 ton 350 with a/c removed but I'm not sure if there is a difference between the 87 and the 89 with the mounting location of the compressor, but I am aware of the body difference.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.