GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Looking for good tires for the wife's car.

Ok, it is not a GM (not a ford neither) lol. She has winter tires and now looking for non winter tire. The big thing is wet roads. I told her to get a summer tire but she is looking at all season. Tire size is 235/60-18. For her Kia Sorento LX v6.
    Any opinions will help besides tell her to buy a GM. I tried.lol
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

With wet traction the first thing that came to my mind is the Cooper Discover CTS.

________2013 4C Rated__________

You like them? Very bad reviews. There is no way she will get them

A buddy of mine at work just put a set of them on his wife's SUV and he said they are doing really well. He was all about wet traction and just triggered the CST when I saw your post. I have no first hand experience with them.

I put a set of LTX M/S on my wife's Highlander last summer and they are awesome, but more on the expensive side.

Goodyear tripletred. Superior wet traction. I put two sets through the test on the wife's CR-V. Only thing that stopped another set was the no longer make them in 15".
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

whatever you do don't let anyone talk you into dunlops. The tire store talked me into putting them on my wife's torrent. They were loud, we lost 2 mpg, and they warrantied 2 of them within a year because of odd road noise.

- - - Updated - - -

whatever you do don't let anyone talk you into dunlops. The tire store talked me into putting them on my wife's torrent. They were loud, we lost 2 mpg, and they warrantied 2 of them within a year because of odd road noise.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by BRB46 View Post
    Goodyear tripletred. Superior wet traction. I put two sets through the test on the wife's CR-V. Only thing that stopped another set was the no longer make them in 15".
    I am a GoodYear guy. I like to support my local facilities but Tripletred dont come in the right size. Those would of been sweet. Thanks

Jr. Engineer

Pikey,,wh,,,,whatdidyasay? repeat that please! heee-heee-heee! I would put steel wheels on, run with just the rims, before I would put all seasons on anything! But that's just MY not so humble opinion!

Sr. Apprentice

+1 on the Michelins. I've always had good luck with Michelins, but they are on the pricey side. I just put some LTX M/S2 tires on my truck. I picked them because they have a winter tire tread pattern with lots of sipes. I'm sure the compound isn't as soft as a true winter tire, but it seems like a good compromise and they have great ratings.
    Alan

2010 GMC Sierra SLT
    2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ 4WD, aka BB