GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default I know its a fleet car in the US ~ Video Reviews for Chevy Captiva Sport

I really don't understand why there are no great video reviews for the US chevy captiva..Just because you can't buy it new; doesn't mean no one would buy it used..

Blog Entries

could be because:

1. nobody who makes great video reviews has access to one
    2. nobody who makes great reviews thinks that they will get enough views on their review to make it worth the effort
    3. nobody who does great reviews wants to do a review on it
    4. There are way more cooler vehicles to do a review on

2000 Silverado, 4.8L, LS
    3" Dynomax cat back exhaust
    Drop-in K&N air filter
    200 amp Nations alternator
    KYB GR2 Shocks
    Bluetooth OBD2 adapter with Torque App on Samsung Note 2
    Custom Stereo System l Pioneer/ Boss door Speakers l 1200 watt Performance Teknique amp l 1 farad capacitor l 2 12" kicker comp subwoofers
    Slider rear window l Locking tailgate, de-baged l 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires l Fully synthetic oil l Tinted windows
    4l65e upgrades - five pinion planetaries l HD sun shell l high performance band

the captiva is cool IMO LOL,but I do see where your coming from...

I was wanting to do a review on the Captiva, but that would require me to wash it, and clean the interior. Which I don't feel like doing. And on top of all that, Cell phone videos suck.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Jr. Engineer

whats a captiva????

Quote Originally Posted by zuki82 View Post
    whats a captiva????
    see my sig.

its a fleet vehicle SUV smaller than the equinox.

Mine has the 264 horsepower v6 that likes to dust civics.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69car View Post
    I was wanting to do a review on the Captiva, but that would require me to wash it, and clean the interior. Which I don't feel like doing. And on top of all that, Cell phone videos suck.

I think you should, there isn't any great all around reviews of the car and it would help people like my self who thinking about buying it used...I found some walk around reviews, but no real test drive / real life MPG review out there and no one talks about how it is driving in the snow.....
    Last edited by StarQ1; 02-20-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zuki82 View Post
    whats a captiva????
    This might give people the best understanding of what it is. The vehicle is based on GM's Theta platform, which was used to build a lot of vehicles over the past decade. The platform really was designed to fit the mid-sized crossover/suv space in the market when vehicles like the TrailBlazer (GMT360 platform) and Uplander (GMT201 platform) went away in favor of vehicles like the Equinox (also built on the Theta platform) or the Travese (Lambda platform).

However, just because it's based on the same platform (which has changed over the years), doesn't mean it's the same vehicle. GM designed this to hold the Captiva Sport nameplate and offer it only up on the fleet market as they must have seen a trend and they went for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Theta_platform

Chevrolet Captiva
    Chevrolet Captiva Sport
    Chevrolet Equinox
    Daewoo Winstorm
    Pontiac Torrent
    Saturn Vue
    Suzuki XL7
    GMC Terrain
    Saab 9-4X
    Opel Antara

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Blog Entries

I really don't understand why there are no great video reviews for the US chevy captiva..
    Quote Originally Posted by StarQ1 View Post
    the captiva is cool IMO LOL,but I do see where your coming from...
    I'm coming from, trying to respond to your statement land/ trying to help you understand land.

The 4 points I wrote are my opinions. I believe these are the reasons why no great video review on the captiva exist.

I could be wrong. No harm or insult intended. Hope none is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by StarQ1 View Post
    I think you should, there isn't any great all around reviews of the car and it would help people like my self who thinking about buying it used...I found some walk around reviews, but no real test drive / real life MPG review out there and no one talks about how is it in snow.....
    Well if y'all can deal with the messy vehicle and the dirt on the outside, I'll try to post one. It might make one. It might be at night as well.

Will post a link up whenever I get done.

EDIT:

I'll be sure to Plug GMTC in the video as well

11. Thanks ChevyFan thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by