GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

The pot holes in CT especially in my town get really bad this time of year because most local roads have tons of patch work. Many times city plows just rip the pavement up or rip the patches right out of the ground. The city refuses to repave because residents would complain about the noise, smell and inability to access their homes. I hope this year they do a better job on their patches so they don't fall apart by august like normal.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I lost a tire two weeks ago... :/
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    I lost a tire two weeks ago... :/
    Did you ever find it??West Main st. near the firehall is getting brutal here wouldn't ya say?

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Did you ever find it??West Main st. near the firehall is getting brutal here wouldn't ya say?
    I'd say Rte 219 going north in Ashford is the worst... almost bounces you into the other lane. Looks like an alignment is coming in the spring.

I'm in in Hudson Valley area of NY and the roads are pretty bad here too. Holes everywhere. Swerving to avoid them all over the place.
    I just got tires on a few weeks ago and now one or a couple of them are unbalanced due to accidentally hitting a couple potholes.
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

I love leaving LA. It's getting horrible here. Each summer when it gets above 110 degrees or so and the older roads start to "buckle" from heavy traffic they go unfixed and begin to break apart. Louisiana as a whole has horrible road quality. You can tell as soon as you leave the state how well the roads change say, headed to Texas (Mississippi roads are like roller coasters, almost worse than here).
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Never mind the rutt'ss How about the Mounds.. All Ice by me..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PART_1393537354756.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	58016
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

The roads are fine here in Oregon..we've mainly been getting a ton of rain. But a month ago from December-January the roads were a night mare. lol.
    Excuse the rust..I USE my truck.

"No matter how beat up or rusty a chevy is, no truck will ever look as good goin down the road wearin that bowtie!"

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I bent the front bumper on my Hino on Thur morn in Pa on a Pot hole so YES they are BAD!!!
    Hino??
    Seem to remember some Toyota related manufacturer-maybe built Diesel trucks-called Hino?
    What is your Hino-where did it come from.

I'm in New Orleans suburbs- we have potholes here also-but they are different than your "cold wet winter" destroyed roads- I think they have something to do with our soil-rain-drought-weight of cars-
    We have plenty-but they aren't as bad as the ones I see on TV that folks in "cold and wet" areas are dealing with

Body on frame trucks-usually have sturdier suspensions steering etc-than cars-since they are in theory work vehicles-guessing our GM trucks take less of a beating than the cars-more ground clearance too
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Hino??
    Seem to remember some Toyota related manufacturer-maybe built Diesel trucks-called Hino?
    Yeah I knew a guy that had one. He hauled hay from here in NY to Florida every summer with it.. I think it was a cab over straight truck. I think your right with it being a Toyota or something.