GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: radio problem

Default radio problem

Hi, new to the forum, I am looking for some advice for my 2008hd 2500. Radio began acting funny, cutting on and off, power button does not work, none of the buttons work except top right knob which will only move back and forth to the trebble and balance. It is litterally stuck on the same radio channel, none of the other buttons or knobs work. Thanks Eric

Most the time when a radio does what you are describing it needs to be replaced. You could try disconnecting your battery for a while and see if it works after reconnecting it. Sometimes odd electrical issues are solved by doing this. You may find some radio repair places on ebay that can fix it. Most small mom and pop radio repair shops are no more. If you decide to buy a new one, be careful! A used radio will be locked to the original truck's vin and will not work in yours unless you take it to a dealer to unlock it. I have seen prices to unlock them between $50 and $250. You might be better off just installing an aftermarket radio like the advent OMG1

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Ebooth,

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I understand that you are seeking advice from your fellow forum members. I might not be able to give you any technical advice but I would be happy to look into this concern if you find you cannot resolve this issue yourself. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care