GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

I am the proud owner of an 08 silverado crew cab 4x4. I bought it the week before labor day. Gotta luv the employee discount GM offered. I got a better deal on this truck than when I tried 1 yr ago on an extened cab. My previous truck was a 98 Ram 4x4 with 205k miles.

All I need to do now is find the right tonneau cover. Does anyone know the difference between a truxedo and the cover GM offers (besides the bowtie emblem)? If you have close up pics of the corners that would be appreciated. How long can I expect a cover to last? It will be outside in all types of weather...rain, sleet, snow, ice, etc but taken care of very well.

I was also considering removing the lower piece under the front bumper. It looks awfully low and I don't want it to act like a snow plow in the winter. Will that cause any problems?

Here's my new ride.
    [media]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii45/pics88_album/Pic1g2002.jpg[/media]

Hey, welcome to the site! Not sure about the tonneau cover question, but the front air-dam can probably be removed w/o any real consequences. Get down and see if there is anything structural or air intake behind there.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Welcome to the site. Removing that lower section might ou for a small "mpg" hit, but very small. Good looking truck!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Thanks! Most of my daily driving is city so that small decrease will most likely be even smaller. My kids love getting into this truck. They each have thier own door and a window they can roll down. My prev truck was an exteded cab and they were kind of cramped.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new truck!
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover