GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Any El Camino owners/lovers on this site?

is there any part of this site applicable to el camino's? I am interested in learning more about them.

Jim
    Las Vegas, NV...2001 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Stepside X-cab, 171,000 miles, 5.3, cat-back duals, leveling kit, 3.73, 17" rims, more to come...

Much like the rest of the automotive world the poor El Camino is forgotten here to.
    El Camino's and their GMC cousin the Sprint or Caballero, depending on year, dont have much following here either.
    Ive found more info and parts normally by visiting Chevelle or Malibu sites since they shared more in common with them than the truck line.
    Ive owned a bunch of El Caminos, at one time they were cheaper and easier to find than Chevelles, not so any more. They shared many similar parts so sourcing anything from the doors forward could be found on a Chevelle or Malibu, behind the doors was a different story, nothing the same, LMC does carry some parts now but its still a serious hunting trip to get most parts.
    To clarify the 59/60 model was based on the Chevrolet Brookwood sedan delivery/2door stationwagon platform.
    64/77 was based on the chevelle platform.
    And 78/87 was based on GM G body platform.

3. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

There's one for sale around the corner from where I work BUT you may have to wait a while.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PART_1393383104186.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	57955 I think they are asking $7500
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

5. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

I know a guy thats got a 69 for sale... Its yellow and needs some body work but I think all he wants is $3500

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

I've always liked the El Camino. I just chatted with someone who's looking for parts, anyone have any ideas?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

If I had a house (and thus a garage to put it in) I'd be looking for an El Camino or a Chevelle to restore.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

9. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Had a 68............Click image for larger version. 

Name:	January 16, 2005 (10).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	58477
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails January 16, 2005 (2).jpg  

1997 GMC

11. Likes zuki82, ChevyFan liked this post

Nice 68 Poncho.
    I always liked the front end on the 68's best.
    I had a bright orange 4spd 396(non SS) 68 ElCamino when I joined the Navy.
    It wasnt the cleanest car on the road, had some issues, rust in the bed etc. while I was on a Med cruise my exwife left it parked where it shouldnt have been parked, it got towed and was auctioned off for a towing/storage lien 2 months before I came home. One of my biggest regrets.

Jr. Engineer

Who doesn't love the ElCamino?? I have never owned one, but have always liked them, the concept is sporty, and utilitarian! I'v always wanted a caddy "flower car", minus all the flowers!

14. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

I had a '73 El Camino SS with a 454 V8 when I was in the Army back in the 70's. I really would like to have another one some day. I would be willing to bet one in great shape would command a big check. I always had a fondness for the El Camino. There were several good years that they were produced. Never saw one I didn't like.
    Hey there, VA, what do ya' say? How many vets did you kill today?

16. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by