GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Manual Shift 4WD 2014" Silverado

I have a 2014 2500HD Silverado with manual shift 4 wheel drive. I can not shift into 4 wheel at speeds above 10 mile per hour, most of the time. It is difficult to shift even at a stop. I have had the truck back to the dealer twice with no improvement. Any suggestions on what maybe wrong. This is my third truck with a manual shift for the 4 wheel drive and have never had a problem with the other two.

****THREAD MOVED****
    To The
    GENERAL CHEVY/GM TECH QUESTION

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I had issues with a floor shifter in an 05 lly, dealer couldnt ever find anything wrong, the conveniently at around 108k the tranfer case went out. They did end covering something like 80% of cost since the truck had been in multiple times and nothing was ever found wrong.

Airaid. Borla. Blackbear. RCX.

The Squatcherado!

4. Thanks mychevy2014 thanked for this post

We had the truck back in this week with the same problem. The service manager said it was normal even though he had to jerk hard twice to get it in 4wd. He also said that the oil in the front axle doesn't warm up, too make it work easier, until it is driven a number of miles in 4wd. He also said you can't shift to 4wd unless you are stopped or accelerating......I think he has a bit of thick oil around the space where his brains should be.

he is feeding you a line of bull about the oil in the front diff. The cold oil in the front diff has nothing to do with switching the T-case. AFTER you switch the t-case into 4x4 the front diff actuator then engages the front axle disconnect. Mechanically they are only joined by the front drive shaft.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

That's what I thought also. It was also on the documents that he gave me to prove his point....unfortunately it only showed he didn't know what he was talking about. Now if only we could figure out what the problem is and get it fixed

How about an other dealer?

How about asking the service guy to take you for a drive in a new 2500 with a manual shift, if it is hard to shift, maybe he's right; but, I'm guessing it will be easy to shift.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)