GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Prallel Battery

Default Prallel Battery

I want to add a parallel battery to be able to run more electrical accessories i may also upgrade my alternator any suggestions on where to start?

I believe you can still get a 2nd battery tray and tiedowns from teh dealership for a 94

Cheapest but not necessarily best way to do it is to get a pair of group 78x (aka 34/78) batteries that have top posts in addition to side posts.

Make one cable to connect the two + top posts and another cable to connect the two - top posts and then use the side posts to hook up the factory cables.

I have a group 24 deep cycle battery in the original spot and a group 34 battery in the extra tray, and have everything rewired with a battery isolator. Spent $100 on copper. Works great though

Alternator you want an ad-244 which was an option in the early 2000s trucks. Be sure to get one with the right connector. It will bolt in but you need a longer belt.

http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/ad244.html
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

3. Likes the phantom liked this post

Thanks for the info