GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Top or Bottom of strut leveling kit??

Looking to put a kit on my 2009 Sierra 1500. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Rough Country style vs. the Daystar style?

I had the top strut mount style. I never had an issue with mine in the 40k miles it was on there. When they first came out with the bottom mount ones they had some issues with busting the brackets. My cousin quit selling them for a while until they fixed the issue. He only sold the Superlift level kit. I like that kit plus it gave a true leveled look and was fairly easy to install.

Both kits would work fine for what your probably wanting to do. Just to have the truck leveled and possibly run up to a 33" tire.
    Look at price vs quality.

Bottom mount kits don't require as much work as the top ones and not as much time to do it. Also less tools are needed.
    A plus on either kit is to have two people on the project. Helps the installation go smoother.

Here is mine leveled with the Superlift kit.
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD