GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Corvette Sinkhole Rescue - 1 down 7 to go.. Or should I say 1 UP Vette that is.

They started pulling the Vettes up from the sink hole today..

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/first-co...8903.html?vp=1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42bad650-a30d-11e3-9a06-534d41913265_corvettes-630.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	58584
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 04-11-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Apprentice

Good news! but it still makes me sick seeing that vid! and looking at that ruby red Vette!
    1998 1500 w/t short bed 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by fugitive View Post
    Good news! but it still makes me sick seeing that vid! and looking at that ruby red Vette!
    It is sad looking at the red vette. My brother owned a black 1993 40th anniversary vet. I forgot what a great looking car it was until I saw the smashed red one.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Master Mechanic

Glad to see the "Blue Devil" started. Loved the one guy's comment before he fired it up: "I have faith it's a Corvette"
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Why are they being so delicate? Aren't those cars totalled already?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Why are they being so delicate? Aren't those cars totalled already?
    Some are but the museum said they have full intentions of restoring all the damaged cars so they need as much of the vehicle as possible.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Some are but the museum said they have full intentions of restoring all the damaged cars so they need as much of the vehicle as possible.
    GM has actually stepped up to restore every car possible since they are all one of a kind

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    GM has actually stepped up to restore every car possible since they are all one of a kind
    Someone posted here that they are sending them to the GM tech center for the restorations. My dad works at the tech center in the area where the restorations will take place and he said that they are already prepping for the arrival of some of the cars.

I don't know if the workers had permission to start the car after recovery, but they did. Then they let it idle and moved it revealing the huge oil leak it had. I hope they did not mess up the motor also

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by